Discuss a Fused Digital Timer Spur switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lwols

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

(Just reposting, there was some confusion, I was mistaken for a domestic electrician, I'd like to think I have basic understanding, but I'll stick to carpentry!)

There were some great replied on the original thread, but I thought id post again, with the info I posted, you never know who may find it useful one day.

Original first post by myself;

Would somebody draw a diagram of how they believe a Fused Digital Timer Spur switch should be installed.

A bit of information;

There are 6 floor standing outdoor LEDs.
1.5mm SWA feeding each and routed back to the consumer unit. Shall be protected by a 6amp Wylex RCBO.

Thanks in advance.

Granted it's a shocking photo!
I've got an electrician coming to fit on Wednesday, but it's a sad state of affairs when you know nothing about the work a man is doing on your own property.

IMG_20190517_224809__01.jpg

I've bought 3 core.

I've also bought a junction box so the 1.5mm can be terminated into that.

I would imagine he'll go with;

1.5mm flex into digital timer.
1.5mm flex from digital timer to junction box, connecting to the 3 core SWA feeding the outdoor lights?

Sound good?

IMG_20190517_230533__01.jpg

This is a request for info about a specific installation job. As a DIY'er you don't have the knowledge or equipment to perform the necessary tests to prove safety of any installed circuits. Please don't make any more new threads about this.

Reply to a Fused Digital Timer Spur switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, newbie posting! Does the following sound ok... Existing circuit: SOCKET on a ring -> spur to SWITCHED 3A FCU -> SWITCH -> hardwired FAN...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have ran a light ring off a fused spur with two lights on, each with their own switch (outside and lobby light) I want to put the outside...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! (Note, this is not a DIY, I'm using a fully qualified electrician, just posting here...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have normal fused immersion heater switch. I would like to add a smart wifi switch to it so when my Solar is producing over 3k spare, going...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock