Discuss A new energy source-maybe--maybe-not in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I am aware that the SeaEngine is a long shot but at least I’m trying.
You can’t fault me for that
Our future ,needs :-
Fresh innovation , plenty of money for Fusion and A nuclear industry less fixated/blinkered on ..weapons grade plutonium $£$£
We best stop eating horses !

Fossil fuel as our major energy provider is ending. Your grandchildren will not be driving gasoline powered cars.

I won't have any grandchildren as I dont,and won't, have any children.

The human race is destroying the planet, whatever new energy sources we come up with will only lead to further destruction of the planet in one way or another.

The best thing we can do for the planet now is stop producing more humans.

I won't have any grandchildren as I dont,and won't, have any children.

The human race is destroying the planet, whatever new energy sources we come up with will only lead to further destruction of the planet in one way or another.

The best thing we can do for the planet now is stop producing more humans.

Still, it's nearly Christmas Dave so keep your spirits up :)

The point of this is twofold.
  • First this may lead to a new energy source
  • The calculations needed are for real engineers/electricians to solve
There are a great number of variables that need to be explored before coming up with the final ya/na conclusion
I was hoping that there would be a few here who were up to the challenge.
I tried this on another forum named “ENG-TIPS” but before I could get in a word edgewise, I was banned for trying.
The least you folks could do is ignore this forum. Let me come back from time to time a mumble a few words then I will go.
My doctor told me that discussions like this a heathy whereas stopping people on the street to se what they may think of this is a bad idea.
So I ask, let me mumble to myself here.
Thanks in Advance
Attached is the drawing

Attachments

• seaengine2.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 6
here is another look at the gizmo
[automerge]1573315770[/automerge]
This is not a PMM. All I am doing is converting one form of energy into another. In this case it is mechanical energy into electrical energy.
SeaPower description
Attached is a diagram that details a new energy generating power source using the expanding rise of air underwater as a lifting force.
This is the same principal that keeps a boat afloat.
In the diagram, there is a linear row of balloons. The lower balloon or inverted umbrella; is injected with 300 cubic feet of air compressed to 18 ATM resulting in a volume of 16.66 cubic feet of air.
When the first balloon rises 99 feet (3 ATM) a second balloon attached to the first one is injected with 300 cubic feet of air compressed to 16.66 cubic feet of air.
In the diagram provided this process is repeated having five (5) balloons rising. The upper balloon at 3 ATM has a lifting force of 6.400 pounds
The next balloon at 6 ATM has a lifting force of 3,200 pounds
The next balloon at 9 ATM has a rising force of 2,133 pounds
The next balloon at 12 ATM has a lifting force of 1,600 pounds
The next balloon at 15 ATM has a lifting force of 1,080 pounds
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total pulling force is a continuous lifting force of 14,413 pounds
This mechanical process can be converted to electrical output.
If it takes less power to keep the system running than the output created; then this is a positive idea. If not; this is a dead horse with nowhere to go.

Attachments

• TEMP256 - Copy.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 3
The 'continuous lifting force' is not free energy. I still don't see where the driving force is available without external influence. It still seems like the many examples of over-unity machines to me.

Does at least make me think about any deep sea , bubbling gas (of any type) sources ,and a reward for concentrating and gathering them ! ..Hopefully not a consequence of fracking .. or failed Carbon storage !
( Storing high pressure CO2 , can later be processed into a usable fuel if energy is available to convert it )

If it takes less power to keep the system running than the output created; then this is a positive idea. If not; this is a dead horse with nowhere to go.

I'm going to go with option B here.

The sheer number of PM/FE ideas that boil down to "Extract energy from working fluid as it moves from a HP to LP reservoir, use {some value less than 100%} of that energy to pump the fluid back to the HP side" suggests some intuitive disconnect with how people think of moving energy states. Some just can never wrap their head around losses and equivalences.

ed: spelling

I'm going to go with option B here.

The sheer number of PM/FE ideas that boil down to "Extract energy from working fluid as it moves from a HP to LP reservoir, use {some value less than 100%} of that energy to pump the fluid back to the HP side" suggests some intuitive disconnect with how people think of moving energy states. Some just can never wrap their head around losses and equivalences.

ed: spelling
Where’s @Lucien at when you need him

HOW IT WORKS
I would build the thing to prove it works but to do that it would have to be built full scale, in the ocean as advertised. You can’t make a scaled model, it wouldn’t work.
A three-dimensional computer model would work if it was programed to operate with the same parameters as the real thing including depth and sea pressure; ATM’s and it would have to operate in real time..
For every ATM in depth (33') an air bubble is compressed to half its size.
This also works in the reverse. An air bubble with a radius of 10 FT at 15 ATM's will expand to twice its size (r=20) at 14 ATM's.
Principles to run the machine
There are a few basic principles that you cannot deny.
[1] an enclosed container (X) of air submerged in water has a lifting force (Y) equal to the volume of the water displaced minus the weight of the container; [yes] [no]
[2] connection multiple containers one on top of the other creates a combined lifting force of (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)
Which is a greater lifting force than (Y); [yes] [no]
[3] the energy needed to fill one container is equal to the energy needed to sustain the combined lifting force of the 10 (ten) containers referenced above minus the energy needed to keep it running.
; [yes] [no]

The issue has to be ,the energy needed to compress air so it wishes to come out of the end of the pipe -Deep under sea.

Is the energy being used to fill the containers coming from the energy gained from the containers rising?

If so, those two are going to be equal and fall under Newton's third law.

If one of them requires more energy the other will.

These threads always make me think of doc from back to the future. I imagine his shed/lab from the first one.
I blame some of my "Tinkering" on Chutty bang bangs Caractacus Pots untidy lab .. (and my bad hoarding habits)
A piece of lead (pb) will always come in usefull !
..Most interesting bits getting banned-unhealthy..

Is the energy being used to fill the containers coming from the energy gained from the containers rising?

If so, those two are going to be equal and fall under Newton's third law.
If one of them requires more energy the other will.

For every ATM in depth (33') an air bubble is compressed to half its size. This also works in the reverse. An air bubble with a radius of 10 FT at 15 ATM's will expand to twice its size (r=20) at 14 ATM's. Principles to run the machine

There are a few basic principles that you cannot deny.
[1] an enclosed container (X) of air submerged in water has a lifting force (Y) equal to the volume of the water displaced minus the weight of the container;
[yes] [no]
[2] connection multiple containers one on top of the other creates a combined lifting force of (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y) Which is a greater lifting force than (Y);
[yes] [no]
[3] the energy needed to fill one container is equal to the energy needed to sustain the combined lifting force of the 10 (ten) containers referenced above minus the energy needed to keep it running. ;
[yes] [no]

Multiple containers will produce more lifting force , but also more drag ,that will also worsten the faster things operate.
(I disagree with scale mode -as using a chilled gas will get plenty of expansion ,as the free energy this system harvests is actually taking heat from the sea ,to let gas expand.
(expanding gas needs heat from somewhere to accomplish it's expansion ) -- So buckets / baloons need to be thermally conductive !

Multiple containers will produce more lifting force , but also more drag ,that will also worsten the faster things operate.
(I disagree with scale mode -as using a chilled gas will get plenty of expansion ,as the free energy this system harvests is actually taking heat from the sea ,to let gas expand.
(expanding gas needs heat from somewhere to accomplish it's expansion ) -- So buckets / baloons need to be thermally conductive !
The balloons expand as they rise as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A new energy source-maybe--maybe-not in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock