Discuss A new energy source-maybe--maybe-not in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does at least make me think about any deep sea , bubbling gas (of any type) sources ,and a reward for concentrating and gathering them ! ..Hopefully not a consequence of fracking .. or failed Carbon storage !
( Storing high pressure CO2 , can later be processed into a usable fuel if energy is available to convert it )
Below are gases spewing out of a vent along the mid atlantic ridge.
there are thousands of them
A new energy source-maybe--maybe-not 330px-Champagne_vent_white_smokers - EletriciansForums.net
[automerge]1575328487[/automerge]
Below is an old version of one of my failed ideas
A new energy source-maybe--maybe-not SEAFLUM - EletriciansForums.net

The bubble expands, but doesn't contain any more air, it is just less compressed.

It's the volume of air that is displacing an equal volume of water that counts. Yes, it is less compressed which displaces more water giving it more lifting force.
[automerge]1584902247[/automerge]
The best thing we can do for the planet now is stop producing more humans.
The Israeli’s have already realized this and for the past decade have been murdering as many Palestinians children as they can get away with in order to limit the growth of the Palestinian population.

The IDF is hell bent on achieving this ungodly goal.

I digress, this is not a topic to be discussed here.
Let's get back to potential renewable energy sources; OK-?

Last edited:
I wrote a computer program that allowed the user to impute values such as interest rate and value growth over time. I did this in order to compute the return on my SS tax deposits against investing this money in a bank savings account. This was a Better Basic program that allowed imputing these values. Windows no longer supports this program, so I am looking for a similar program that I can impute values in order to compute the return on my seaengine; based on different conditions and output.

Can someone here suggest such a program-?

I wrote a computer program that allowed the user to impute values such as interest rate and value growth over time. I did this in order to compute the return on my SS tax deposits against investing this money in a bank savings account. This was a Better Basic program that allowed imputing these values. Windows no longer supports this program, so I am looking for a similar program that I can impute values in order to compute the return on my seaengine; based on different conditions and output.

Can someone here suggest such a program-?

Any spreadsheet can easily do the financial calculations you mention. Even the entry level ones.

Any spreadsheet can easily do the financial calculations you mention. Even the entry level ones.
Does this “spreadsheet” allow input of values and then you can see the calculated results?

If so, then please recommend a computer program

Does this “spreadsheet” allow input of values and then you can see the calculated results?

If so, then please recommend a computer program

Absolutely, yes. Microsoft Excel is a mainstream example, but there are many open-source, ie. free ones available.

Absolutely, yes. Microsoft Excel is a mainstream example, but there are many open-source, ie. free ones available.
Thanks for your input. I will find and use this program to further my research.
again, thanks
[automerge]1584905081[/automerge]
I found the program, but my malware virus protection blocked it from loading. In the next few day’s I’ll go to a computer store and buy it.
thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Reactions: DPG
again, thanks

I found the program, but my malware virus protection blocked it from loading. In the next few day’s I’ll go to a computer store and buy it.
thanks for your input.

You should be able to download a freeware one from a reputable site OK. Sourceforge is often a good starting point.

again, thanks

thanks for your input.

Google have an online spreadsheet that is pretty powerful and you can get OpenOffice I think it's called which also has a very good spreadsheet application in it.

Yes, Open office would be good.

When I think of a spreadsheet I think of rows and columns

How can I convert my model into a running version to determine its efficiency in energy input against output-?

Attachments

• A new energy source-maybe--maybe-not screenshot4 - EletriciansForums.net
    screenshot4.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
At the most basic level, in each cell of a spreadsheet you can have a number or a formula. Formula in Excel can be incredibly simple, adding two cells together for example (say you want to add cell A1 to cell B1, the formula in Excel would be "=A1+B1") or very complex allow you to handle logical functions such as IF, AND, OR etc.

Do a google search for "OpenOffice Calc Formula" (without the quotes) and you should get some good links for tutorials and guides about using them.

When I think of a spreadsheet I think of rows and columns

How can I convert my model into a running version to determine its efficiency in energy input against output-?

You asked for software which allowed you to perform calculations on value that were entered. A spreadsheet is ideal for this.

I assumed you knew which calculations you needed to perform.

You asked for software which allowed you to perform calculations on value that were entered. A spreadsheet is ideal for this.

I assumed you knew which calculations you needed to perform.
This fella is starting to sound a lot like me ?

Thank you all for your contributions. Now that I understand the value of a spreadsheet, I still have a few details I will need before I can get the results I need.

I know the relationship between the size of an air bubble under different pressures.

I also know the lifting force of displaced water as in the lifting force that keeps a boat afloat.

What I don’t know is the speed of the rising bubbles which I believe is an increasing speed.

The output power will be a function of the drag put upon the rising force. If drag (X) is the amount of resistance that stops the rising force, then I need drag (X) minus some value less than drag (X) that allows the system to continue to rise. This drag will slow down the speed. The difference between its maximum speed potential and the drag applied to it will equal the useful energy from the system.

I have no idea how the create a spread sheet to determine its output power with so many unknown variables involved.

In short, I am dwelling about a system that I am unqualified to be contemplating.

This concept is better left to others to consider.

bye

Attachments

• SEAPOWER12.pdf
    101.3 KB · Views: 3
I need help in calculating the numbers
Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• SEAPOWER22.pdf
    100.5 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A new energy source-maybe--maybe-not in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock