Discuss Access Training Center in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone used or gone through training/ qualification with Access Training Centers?
They appear to offer condensed courses (8-12 Weeks) that can get you certified as a domestic/ commercial electrician.
On their website they mention City and Guild certifications, but don’t list the actual qualifications issued by City and Guilds.
The trust pilot reviews seem to have a lot of poor reviews on the provider and the courses that are offered.
I want to make sure the course is genuine and will get me ready to become an electrician rather than pay £3500 for a bogus course. If anyone has been on this course or can shed some light that would be much appreciated.

The best course of training is to find a local college that offers C+G 2365. Get that up to level 3, then do an NVQ and AM2.

Personally I used Access Training and did a short course, but I've since been working on the level 3, AM2 and NVQ. If you've got plenty of background knowledge and relevant experience, short courses can be a valid entry point, but if you haven't got any relevant experience, steer well clear.

Go the college route and look for work as an electricians mate.

Last edited:
Hi Sam. I used Access Training at Edenbridge a couple of years ago now. If you search this site you’ll see my comments which are not particularly complimentary. I did the Logic Certification domestic installer and a range of C&G courses including 2382, 2394&5. I’d whole heartedly agree with SC’s comments above re doing the 2365 route which funnily enough I’m doing at a local college for a fraction of the cost. Enjoy and immerse yourself in the subject. There are loads of other training providers out there which have ranging reviews.

Best course of action is if you're currently unemployed sign on and go to your local college. You get training free to level two or at a greatly reduced rate.

* Get a job as an Electricians mate.
* Find a evening course doing level two electrical installation. Do not buy any books you will most likely be given (Trevor linsley electrical installation at college.

*Buy BS7671 18th edition
* At college do Electrical Installtion level 2
* BS7671 18th edition.
*Testing and inspecting 2392.

When you're finished don't go thinking you're an Electrician because you're not. Only after a good few years on the tools and doing the nvq3 portfolio and AM2 will you be at the standard to apply for your card.

Good luck

PS. I worked with a electricians mate recently who forked out £7500 on fast track courses. He was pretty good with containment but totally wasted his money... And still a mate.

Last edited:
I did 3 years at local collages still learning. I am a mature student, on site is where I learn , collage just gave me the basics. still learning on site.

Hi. I have passed EAL level 3 diploma electrical installations last year. I am self employed and working for an electrical maintainence company 20 hours sometimes 40 hours a month. I am quite confident in my electric work, i can change consumer units, skilled in fault finding and can solve the problem. I can fully rewire in domestic environment. I have plenty of pictures of my work that i have carried out. Can someone tell me can i use those pictures for NVQ level 3 portfolio? Its there any other way i can certify my own work?

Hi. I have passed EAL level 3 diploma electrical installations last year. I am self employed and working for an electrical maintainence company 20 hours sometimes 40 hours a month. I am quite confident in my electric work, i can change consumer units, skilled in fault finding and can solve the problem. I can fully rewire in domestic environment. I have plenty of pictures of my work that i have carried out. Can someone tell me can i use those pictures for NVQ level 3 portfolio? Its there any other way i can certify my own work?
Certify for the NVQ or certify to LABC? The former sphuldnt be too hard, I'd recommend getting the 5357 Apprentice logbook as that will give you a good base for your portfolio, details tasks and jobs required and gives you an idea of what evidence is valid.

Reply to Access Training Center in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock