Discuss Advice needed please for replacement inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have 16 245w (declared capacity 3.84kW) panels on a south facing unshaded roof on the south coast of England producing around 4200 kW-h a year for the last 7.5 years; I have had two inverters fail in that time, the first replaced under warranty (both Mastervolt SunMaster). I have no schematic but all 16 panels are on the same string. Single panel voltage at 245w maximum listed at 30.67 PMax and 37.77 open circuit. I'm not an electrician but understand the high total DC output of the panels on the one string requires an inverter capable of taking the high load. Any recommendations - one with a 10 year warranty/option preferred? The inverter is in the loft and cannot be moved. Many thanks.

Reply to Advice needed please for replacement inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello there I have just installed a new Solis S6-GR1P3.6K-M-DC Inverter - this replaced a 10 year old+ Sungrow inverter that failed/out of...
Replies
Views
My system has had an intermittent problem for the last few months. The inverter has occasionally been reporting PV Voltage Too High, then it would...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I'm seeking some advice about a solar PV system we had installed in November 2014 please. After 18 months, we seem to be consistently...
Replies
Views
crossplot
C
My 3 year old install for a while has been giving me issue with nuisance tripping the 30ma RCD in a 17a Split board I had originally thought the...
Replies
Views
Markos
M
F
A few weeks ago, I had my solar panels remove from my roof and then replaced. Sadly, on removal, one panel was warped and on letting the fixing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock