Discuss Advice needed please: Upgrade factory supply from 100A/3ph to 400A/3ph in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Have a quote from UKPN - £10K (with us doing the trench and duct work on our property). Actually could be worse I know, but as the substation is literally across the road it is still quite pricey.
UKPN refers to ICPs who can also do the work.
Is it worth worth trying any of these, in which case any recommendations for Hitchin, Herts area or is it best just to stick with UKPN?
Any other factors I should be aware of?
thanks.

Thanks for confirming - exactly what I thought would be the case.
I guess a lot of the ICPs are involved in much bigger projects than a comparatively small job like this though.
If anyone can recommend a suitable ICP in this area would be much appreciated

Reply to Advice needed please: Upgrade factory supply from 100A/3ph to 400A/3ph in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, So my factory needs more power, currently 100A/3p (70KVA) => 400A/3p (200KVA) UKPN wont upgrade existing supply and are insisting on new...
Replies
Views
Hi. Brand new member looking for guidance. Am trying to take a lease on a commercial premises but I require a lot of electricity. See attached...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am not an electrician. I don't normally post on forums but I'm at breaking point with this situation and require some advice please. Our...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking for some advice on a main supply if anyone could help please. I'll explain the layout: supply from substation 100A fuse on...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all I am new to this site and i am glad i have found it as it looks crammed with useful advice from people in the know. I am not too...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock