Discuss Advice on which door entry intercom system to choose in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jepster

DIY
Reaction score
Hi
We're a block of flats about to purchase some new external doors, and an intercom. Up to this point in time we've not had an intercom, and our external doors don't even close properly let alone lock!

We've decided that we'd like a video entry wired intercom, with the additional ability for each flat to attach their own intercom unit to the wifi in their apartment, and then download an app on their phone to be able to answer the door from wherever they are.

Has anyone got such system which works well for them?

We have been recommended the following systems - does anyone have any comments on them?

Comelit IBK6-MW with mini wifi monitors

Hikvision 2 wire system

Thanks!

Jep

HIK for me for the ease of install and flexibility it offers, regarding purchasing HIK equipment easily found online and you can purchase as a non trade customer from the likes of ADI Gardner

HIK for me for the ease of install and flexibility it offers, regarding purchasing HIK equipment easily found online and you can purchase as a non trade customer from the likes of ADI Gardner

Thank you! It doesn't seem to be that easy to become non trade customers (which makes sense really if everyone in the trade applies their own mark up) but it does make it quite hard to figure out what our ballpark figure should be.
Thanks for your time
Jep

Reply to Advice on which door entry intercom system to choose in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net