Discuss AEG Induction Hob Power Function in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am installing an AEG HK654200FB 7.4kW induction hob. It will be on its own 6mm radial circuit supplied by a 32a Type B MCB. After reading the manual for this particular hob it says that it has an extra power function which only lasts for a maximum of 10 minutes on each ring which if all were on this setting would make the total load the following:

Right Rear 2800w 10 mins
Right Front 2500w 4 mins
Left Rear 2800w 10 mins
Left Front 3700 10 mins
Total - 11.8kw

At nominal power (max heat setting)

Right Rear 1800w
Right Front 1400w
Left Rear 1800w
Left Front 2300w
Total - 7.3kw

Now I'm uncertain that my design will be ok, I can't really need 10mm with a 50a MCB?

Also, I think its going to turn up without a connection cable, from the manual I read that I need some H05BB-F Tmax 90°C it doesnt specify size but I would say I need 6mm or 10mm @ 90. H07 is +85 degress but seems to be available at 6mm and 10mm 3 core. Can anyone shed some light whether this power function causes a problem with a standard 6mm 32a design and whether h07 would be suitable?

Thanks

install 6mm ref. method C. that's 47A so feed with 32A MCB. if in the unlikely event you get tripping, up the MCB to 40A.

I put in aeg quite often.
1zone on boost will take about 20a,2zones about 40a
you will not be able to boost more than 2 zones at once and as you stated it will be only on for 10 minutes
to tell you the truth the boost function rarely gets used by most people in real life cooking
as tel says 32a will be fine if by some chance it trips stick a 40a in .
I wire in 10mm to the big Miele and gaggenau 5 zone Hobs and stock them on a 40a but for a 4 zone 32a is usually fine

Reply to AEG Induction Hob Power Function in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net