Discuss Android EICR and electrical certificates in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Z

zacazoom

Hi

Wondered if anyone could help , Im a little sick and tired of spending more and more money on new books etc, I know I have to do it, but i’m looking at how I can reduce costs in other areas, one of them being the certificate books. I recently bought a certificate disk from ebay cost a couple of quid.
The reason for this it had the new EICR on it. I have an Android tablet and have found pdf program to read and fill in fields on it. I use ezpdf, works like a dream. I have just ordered a cheap wireless printer I will leave in the van so I can print to it when onsite. The problem I do have is the electrical installation certs and minor certs I have on the disk are in open office the file extension is .odt .
On Android I can only seem to download open office that read files but not edit, so I can’t fill in these forms. I don’t want to spend a boat load of money, but wondered does anyone have any in word format or pdf certs where the field can be filled in , or know where I can purchase it from somewhere cheap, becuase I think my android would work with word doc or other Microsoft office like excel and it works with pdf but not open office.
I am just trying to save money and this seems to be a good way.

Many Thanks

zacazoom

I have given it a try , doesn't work because the format doesn't look the same, things move around. I even tried to export to pdf, but then I can't fill in the fields that I could in open office.

By the way , I have just noticed on my profile it says I have posted 20 times and there 0 thanks. Just wanted to let you know I always thank people, I take it I need to click somewhere to thank aswell.

I do appreciate when people answer, even if it doesn't resolve my problem.

Many Thanks

zacazoom

Hi
Sorry the conversion did not work, layout is always a problem in conversions, but sometimes it does work OK.
I have done a quick search on this forum for electrical certificates and found this thread that may help
http://www.electriciansforums.net/business-related/30631-certificates.html

For information on each post at the bottom left there is a thanks button that you can press if you wish to thank the poster.

Reply to Android EICR and electrical certificates in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net