Discuss Another EICR question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Deleted account

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just done an EICR.

Bonding to water stop cock present.

Bonding to gas. Unknown.

The gas meter is in a cupboard outside. No bonding there. The boiler is on the wall directly behind gas meter and over kitchen cupboards.
I suspect the gas pipe comes in through the wall behind kitchen cupboards and up into boiler. I suspect it is bonded inside behind kitchen cupboards.
Also the boiler pipes have suplimentary bonding across gas water flow return and pressure release. So equal potential of water and gas pipes has been achieved so I am not keen on giving a C2 or FI.

I’m thinking C3

what do you think?

I did measure a good resistance back to met, but that may have been due to the supplementary bonding at boiler.

FI does seem a bit harsh, but I don’t know if the gas is bonded as access for inspection is not possible.

in future if boiler is replaced, maybe the suplimentary bonding will be removed as it is no longer necessary in the regs.

I’m still in the FI camp at moment.

I was told off by my NIC inspector last week for putting FI on a condition report due to me not being able to see any bonding wires on the main water pipe.He pointed me to page 475 of the good book section 9 which states that you can only put an FI on the report if the investigation reveals a C1 or a C2. So he was saying it should have been either a LIM or a C3 on the report.Also if you marked it as a FI then the report has to be marked as unsatisfactory.

I was told off by my NIC inspector last week for putting FI on a condition report due to me not being able to see any bonding wires on the main water pipe.He pointed me to page 475 of the good book section 9 which states that you can only put an FI on the report if the investigation reveals a C1 or a C2. So he was saying it should have been either a LIM or a C3 on the report.Also if you marked it as a FI then the report has to be marked as unsatisfactory.
I usually put C3 with a note that bonding connection inaccessible but confirmed by measurement.

I did measure a good resistance back to met, but that may have been due to the supplementary bonding at boiler.

FI does seem a bit harsh, but I don’t know if the gas is bonded as access for inspection is not possible.

in future if boiler is replaced, maybe the suplimentary bonding will be removed as it is no longer necessary in the regs.

I’m still in the FI camp at moment.
Was there an appropriately sized G+Y single at the MET, that hadn't been identified as the water bond or earthing conductor?

once knew a scotsman. all he wore under his kilt was his wallet.

Reply to Another EICR question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock