Discuss Anybody got one of these in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Mobile-P...&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s7+edge+charger+case

I bought the above yesterday from Amazon, purely because my phone runs out of charge every day, it gets a lot of use each day so I thought I would give it a go Basically, you charge the case and the phone and if you press a Button on the back of the case it starts to charge the phone.
Anyway I was using it today and pressed the said button and the phone started to charge however after about 30 minutes I noticed my phone hadn't rung ( yes it really does ring all the time lol ) anyway the long and short of it I realised I could neither make or receive calls whilst the case is charging the phone, now if that is true not just something I'm missing then it is pretty pointless as a backup device.

So, I suppose the much shorter version of above is has anyone got one and have they had the same issue.

I've used something similar for years. It should have no effect on the operation of the phone. Its no different to having the phone on the normal charger.

I know it's a pain but I carry an external battery charger in my coat pocket. It's about the size of those square cheese slices you get in a Rustler burger but can recharge my phone 3 times and still have enough to charge my headlamp :cool:

I've used something similar for years. It should have no effect on the operation of the phone. Its no different to having the phone on the normal charger.

That was my thinking as well, I presumed I was missing something silly because as you say you can still answer a phone while it is charging.

I know it's a pain but I carry an external battery charger in my coat pocket. It's about the size of those square cheese slices you get in a Rustler burger but can recharge my phone 3 times and still have enough to charge my headlamp :cool:
Ha ha I love it, I've never had a rustler burger so sadly I can't picture the size in my head :eek:

I use an battery pack on a regular basis and I honestly cannot fault it, it has come in handy so many times and it lasts for an extremely lengthy amount of time! It also seems to charge my phone similar to the 'fast charge' speed that most manufacturers seem to claim their plug and wire offers!

Its manufactured by Anker (a brand I 100% would buy anything from) and is currently costing £28.99. I think I got it slightly cheaper as it was on sale at the time, but I'd say the 30 quid price tag is well worth it for the money!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJSGT2A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My problem isn't having access to a charging facility, quite the opposite I have one at home, office and van so I can always charge the phone up but I just get fed up of plugging the bloody thing in, so the idea of a battery case appealed to me, that was until I hit this problem with the calls not getting through, I still think I am missing something obvious.

Ps that looks like good value @DavidSpark

Well of course it does sound like at least you can do some work instead of being on the phone all the time. Must be a novel experience no? You know...Work!

I have a battery pack that is the same size as my S6. It charges my phone at least 3 times and the front cover is a solar panel, so when it runs out, I can leave it in the sun to charge. It will also charge my phone whilst charging from the sun! Its great when I am out carp fishing for 3 or 4 days at a time. Only cost me £13 from fleebay. And my phone works whilst it's charging.lol Sorry GMES!

Jay

Panic over lads and call off the dogs, it is working now for some reason. the only thing I can think is it wasn't quite in right although it did show it charging but I can't think of any other reason but i have just rung out on it and our lass rang back while the case was charging the phone.
I am happy to leave the thread running in case people want to keep sharing what they use.

Panic over lads and call off the dogs, it is working now for some reason. the only thing I can think is it wasn't quite in right although it did show it charging but I can't think of any other reason but i have just rung out on it and our lass rang back while the case was charging the phone.
I am happy to leave the thread running in case people want to keep sharing what they use.

So now you have no excuse to ignore certain calls.lol

"sorry luv, I couldn't answer your call, the phone doesn't work whilst charging"

Jay

Mate if you knew how much my phone rings during the day you would sympathise lol, If I am stood talking to someone for more than 15 minutes without it ringing I am doing well.

Mate if you knew how much my phone rings during the day you would sympathise lol, If I am stood talking to someone for more than 15 minutes without it ringing I am doing well.

If it brings in the work, it can't be a bad thing I suppose. Mind you, how much work gets done if your on the blower all day.lol

I very rarely get on the tools now mate, the lads take care of most of the work. But hand on heart having been on both sides Ie tools or endless meetings and pricing and paperwork I can safely say the tools are the easier of the two.
I bring my head spark into the office now and then to help with quoting and he says he wouldn't swap places for any amount of money lol.

I very rarely get on the tools now mate, the lads take care of most of the work. But hand on heart having been on both sides Ie tools or endless meetings and pricing and paperwork I can safely say the tools are the easier of the two.
I bring my head spark into the office now and then to help with quoting and he says he wouldn't swap places for any amount of money lol.

I am in a similar position at the moment. I am no longer on the tools as much as I would like as my career has taken a different path (still very much electrical). But I am hoping to get back out there if the right opportunity comes along for me and my family. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do and I would still like to do it in the distant future but I really miss the physical side of it, on site, having a laugh with the lads etc.

Jay

May be activate your voice mail service?

I don't think that would go down too well with my breakdown customers which we have quite a few.
There is the potential for them to lose thousands of pounds per hour if they are not running.

In a previous life, before mobile phones, we had pagers, which when they went off you had to find a phone box. Then along came mobile phones, and we had to share one between a crew of two, always was a little disagreement on who had the phone. Soon changed me mind about that years later, when everyone had the damn thing, and expected you to answer your work phone 24/7. Even took mine on holiday.

Now I more leisurely employed, I screen all my calls, and don't answer at all at weekends, not that many people ring me these days, bliss.

Mobile phones, them and social media, the ruination of modern life. :(

@Midwest yes times have changed mate some of it for the better and some not, I had my first business when I was 23, I am now 49 and things were different in many ways, Like you say I used to ring a customer and if he wasn't in the office you waited until he returned, even if email was available you certainly didn't have it linked to a mobile My first mobile was the Motorola Brick, it took most of my van dash up lol.
Fast forward to now and I have some customers that I do work for and I have never seen them face to face due to the size of the company, but at the same time with a quick email to that customer, we can have an instant payment in our bank with the touch of a button, so there are pros- cons to technology.

View attachment 35622

Emails, don't get me started.

In the late eighties, we had a new boss who had worked in London. He visited the local office, and wandered round. I showed him our fancy new fax machine, to impress him. He noted everyone were using a type writer to file reports, he asked where were the word processors? I said we just used dictionaries? ;)

Reply to Anybody got one of these in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock