• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Anyone go their email addresses? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
In Wiring Matters which arrived today:

JPEL 64.jpg

Just thought it would be handy to send them both links to a variety of threads on the 18th edition

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
Last edited:

Leesparkykent

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I’ve propably got confused....I thought you was asking for members email addresses to send them links to something.....I now understand what you meant. It was because your thread title says go rather than got.

happyhippydad

Electrician's Arms
I have absolutely no idea what any of the above posts mean o_O

Richard Burns

Respected Member
I believe Murdoch is asking (tongue in cheek perhaps) if anyone has the email addresses for the two pinnacle people of the committee that provides the input for the "information" in BS7671 (as shown in his attached picture).
Then he could email them links to the various threads on here bemoaning the lack of clarity, accuracy, sense and so on that is BS7671 18th Edition.:mad:
This may encourage them to provide better coordination!:rolleyes:

Somehow this has not come out clearly in Murdoch's post, which has been misinterpreted somewhat by posters.

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
I knew exactly what Murdoch meant to say, I think you are all trying to be too clever for your own good.

Now if it was Buzz...........:)

PS Murdoch, I think those chaps probably have too much night time reading already. Haven’t I seen that Cronshaw’s name appearing in that ‘other’ electrical forum for grown ups?

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
Haven’t I seen that Cronshaw’s name appearing in that ‘other’ electrical forum for grown ups?
not noticed on the screwfix forum:)

netblindpaul

Forum Mentor
Actually, yes I do have their email addresses, but, there are bigger things afoot, and I can't give them out.
They will know very shortly what is thought of the new bad book, big time!

Leesparkykent

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Actually, yes I do have their email addresses, but, there are bigger things afoot, and I can't give them out.
They will know very shortly what is thought of the new bad book, big time!
It’s not the 1st time I’ve read claims like this....I’m skeptical.

spinlondon

Forum Mentor
I believe clarification on the requirement for supplementary bonding is required.
As it stands, supplementary bonding is not required, if all circuits of the location satisfy disconnection times for ADS, all circuits of the location have additional RCD protection and Main bonding for the installation is provided.

Does that exception still apply, if there is no Main bonding required?

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.