Discuss Are office sockets allowed not to be rcd protected in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

yes but if its the computers high earth leakage plugged into these floor sockets causing the rcd to trip then how can the rcbo be kept???

i would think so, but maybe have to check.. i know recently we put rcd spur unit on hand dryers in a building and it was the adapter lock ring stopping it which i jst had to smash out without damaging cable.. but the spurs are slight bigger..

only an option to try..

you say if i get back, you have to get back to actually work out whats need to cure, tell them the old phrase im electrician not magician..

its never easy

I have 2 spare merlin gerin 32A mcbs that i took out last week to replace for rcbos, you can have them if it helps, may have some 20s not sure til i look in the van.

Now This is what the Forum should be about, Not Mesuring the length and gerth of each others Earth stakes, and wether mine goes deaper than yours, but helping each other out.. Well done that man.

that aint trade prices, but still probably exspensive... or just take rcbo out of a circuit someone else designed..

im learning it costs what it costs..

hard to say without maybe spending time looking at what you got and cheapest option to fix..

- - - Updated - - -

can you get a carvan on this site, there comming

Reply to Are office sockets allowed not to be rcd protected in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening everyone… I’ve attached pictures for your leisure.. so basically the customer does not have any RCD protection.. 3036 fuseboard is in...
Replies
Views
Morning guys, I would like some advice, currently at my workplace, I am replacing a DB and existing wiring in a warehouse. One of the ways feeds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick one regarding the need for RCD protection for socket outlets rated up to and including 32A. I have been tasked to install...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been a while since I have been on here. I have been on an apprenticeship the last 3 years training in the BMS world. Taking that into...
Replies
Views
Hi all Now being upfront I am not a sparks. I am about to have some work done by a friend (certified) and as he is doing me a favour I want to as...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock