JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Are The Jib Real?

Discuss Are The Jib Real? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Old Town Electrics

I was just wondering if the JIB are real or not? I have been trying for the last week to contact them but I just get put from recorded message, to ring tone, to "there is nobody here, please try again later".

Have they gone out of business or are they a wind up that I have fallen for? I have had my card handy to give them money every time I call them but obviously they don't like money or something? I'm guessing there maybe quite a queue of people trying to give them money also?

On this note I have decided to quit my electricians training and start up my own JIb. If you contact me by phone I will be more than willing to accept your £48 assessment fee and I will be open all day to take as many payments as possible. If it turns out that I can't manage all of the calls I may employ somebody else at £7ph and get them to process as many £48 payments as possible per hour, I'm sure they will pay for themselves pretty quickly??

COME ON JIB, ANSWER YOUR PHONE SO I CAN BOOK MY ASSESSMENT AND GET ON WITH MY BL***Y ELECTRICAL CAREER, OR AT LEAST PLEASE REPLY TO ONE SO**ING EMAIL.....AAARGH

Last edited by a moderator:
I phoned yesterday because I've been 27 weeks waiting for my adult trainee card ( do they do an OAP trainee card?). Waited 20 mins on the recorded message then the buggers cut me off so I tried again and even though it said 50 minute wait (I hung up and redialled because I thought they said 50 - they did!) but they picked up in 15. Talked to the guy who was able to get my 27 week application approved and I'll have my card in 11 days. Checked this morning on myECS and it is approved. Yay!
But in reply - what a shoddy organisation.

Think I have said it somewhere else, but I'll say it here as well.
You are not phoning the JIB, you are phoning the ECS.
Yes their service is pants.
One way of getting through to someone, is to replace the last 2 digits of the phone number with 01.
This will put you through to someone in an office in the ECS.
You should be able to give him your name NR number and phone number, he will get someone to phone you.
£48 is just for the H&S exam.
To renew costs another £32 (I believe).
You will have to either renew on line, or fill out a form and post it.
They do offer a premium service where only on a Wednesday you can do both the H&S exam and apply for your card. They will post the card to you, or you can return at 3pm to collect it.
Wednesday is market day, so parking in the Asda car park will be difficult.
Stay is limited to 3 hours.

£48 is just for the H&S exam.
I've just done that 'exam' again, it's so easy a 10 year old could do it. All you have to do is read the question and the correct answer (yes they actually give you the answers!) and nothing more, do that a couple of times then when you are in the exam you need only look at the answers and pick the correct one, you don't even need to read the question! We all got 45/45. Yet another pointless tax for people who actually work hard for a living.

Yep got then all correct here, took me 18 mins, but then I had to sit and wait for the rest to finish.
Only question I had that was any trouble, was about reportable diseases.
Had Occupational asthma and amputation.
Knew that amputation is reportable, but it's not what I would call a disease.
Was not aware that occupational asthma is reportable.

I've just done that 'exam' again, it's so easy a 10 year old could do it. All you have to do is read the question and the correct answer (yes they actually give you the answers!) and nothing more, do that a couple of times then when you are in the exam you need only look at the answers and pick the correct one, you don't even need to read the question! We all got 45/45. Yet another pointless tax for people who actually work hard for a living.
The answer is always 'C' :)

Reply to Are The Jib Real? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net