Search the forum,

Discuss Barmy I know, but shocks?? from plastic switches? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hey ...... divven't gan writin' off the auldun's ......... they've got a lifetime of experience & can show ye tricks ye've never dreamed of!!! :38:

50 in Led Zeppelin terms is halfway up the stairway to heaven. She will be that hot, she can set off the sprinkler system just using her hot flashes.:D

There's actually been a little bit of a stir recently with the suggestion that, in certain circumstances, phenolic plastics may become conductive. There doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence either way as yet, it's pretty well all anecdotal as far as I know.

There's actually been a little bit of a stir recently with the suggestion that, in certain circumstances, phenolic plastics may become conductive. There doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence either way as yet, it's pretty well all anecdotal as far as I know.

If you put enough of a potential difference across it then anything will conduct ;)

I have seen it where a light switch in a kitchen gave a shock in a friends house.

"Usually happens after I have cleaned it"

Turns out cleaning with a more than damp dish cloth.

When I took switch apart the detritus between the rocker and face plate had to be seen to be believed.

Add a little water and Mr AC Volts gave a tickle

Reply to Barmy I know, but shocks?? from plastic switches? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back