Discuss baseboard heaters in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

If they aren't new heaters then the fans have probably worn out the bearings and will need replaced. I'm assumeing they are fan type (yes I know the bit about "Don't assume") or if they have been recently fitted or moved then they might have been fitted slightly twisted which can cause the fans to be out of line and rattle.

Sorry, difference in type description was the problem, must be the trans-atlantic thing.
OK so they seem to be just convection heaters so there shouldn't be anything in them to rattle unless the alloy fins inside are loose and the airflow is moving them.
You could try lifting them and giving them a shake to see if there is anything noticeable rattling about, other than that, I just haven't a clue. Sorry

Are all the connections correct? Check they are not connected across 2 phases, this may cause them to be noisy but not blow up as heating elements are high resistance.

Reply to baseboard heaters in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need to add shop lights to my basement. I currently have one baseboard heater that runs straight to the breaker. Its a cadet 240v/4.2amp 1000w...
Replies
Views
Hi, A baseboard heater in my house emits a short buzzing sound every 30 seconds. It seems to happen only when the room is near the temperature...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
I have two baseboard heaters (1000w and 1500w), both 240V. They are in different rooms of the house. I want to run them on the same 240V circuit-...
Replies
Views
I have a 208v circuit that reads 208v across the leads on my meter; but when I connect a baseboard heater rated for 208/240v that works elsewhere...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock