Discuss Bathroom Fan. Help. studying City and Guilds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi. I have decided to put working fans in my bathrooms., replacing old ones which have not worked for years.
The trouble is I believe it is a ring circuit, incorperating the lights and fans.
One side of the ring cable connecting to this fan, had CPC Line and neutral, the other only CPC and line. No neutral cable at all.
This does not look right to me, Advise please?

no, not timed, turns on with the pull light, but when i connected it the pull light switch failed to turn off, so I have left the circuit off till I can test it, and trace the circuit . My son tell me he takes better pictures. :)

A little tricky to tell from the photo, but I think you have a Live, Switched Live and Neutral at the Fan to allow for a Fan with an overrun timer, but you have a fan that has no overrun timer and is just on or off.

The Live would need to be identified (safely) and put in a connector block, the Switched Live and Neutral connected to the fan

I get the impression of a separate switched live as well.

At a guess there's no isolator for the fan?

Extrapolation please, we like an update WITH details.
Isolation? Same route of the two cables?
Give it up, come on!

Reply to Bathroom Fan. Help. studying City and Guilds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
Need to replace an old Vent-Axia extractor fan as the pull chord no longer works. I bought this -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I currently have two switches in my bathroom. One controls the lights above the sink and the other controls a light above the toilet and...
Replies
Views
I've installed a replacement bathroom extractor fan. Pic on the left is the old one. Pic on right is the new one. Wired the same way but the fan...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock