Discuss Becoming a qualified electrician in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Eyup Dan!,
I started my electrical qualifications a few years ago and started at level 2 (intermediate) and the progressed to advanced level 3 and found it very easy. My advice would be, if you can go for level 2 and skip level 1 out, do that! baring-in-mind you have to have at least GCSE's at C or above to go straight onto level 2. If not starting at level 1 is a bit long winded but when your through levels 1,2, and 3 you will be glad you persevered with it, its just starting to pay off for me now and ive been in it 3 1/2 years.
Hope this helps!.

I cant belive how much these collage courses are... Ive never seen the prices so high anywhere!!

They dont seem to say what the city and guilds course code is either, i assume its c&g 2330, starting at the begining, as this is just what you want.

I payed around £400 for the first full year and around £340 for the second full year.. and £200 for 17th 2382.. ive never seen any prices this good..

The prices you have there and what ive seen from many other collage courses are so expensive,

Shop around..

even if you have to travel a few mile extra, you could half them yearly fees.

If you can get emplyed in the industry - an apprenticeship is the best & cheapest way of becoming qualified. You can start an apprenticeship any time before the age of 25!

Not surprised mate, although you can get an apprenticeship before the age of 25, you try finding a company that will take you on in favour of a 16 year old school leaver who they can pay much less. Thats the reason i believe i was turned down by every company i wrote to. I was 19 at the time and just completed a full time course to do my part1. My advice would be to do a part-time evening course. that way you can continue to look for a job in the industry to put the theory into practice rather than doing a full-time course like i did. You will find something eventually!

Good luck

yer i know wot your saying mate when i was 16 i was told i need to be able to drive ! well now i drive and even have my owen van and tools but still not haveing any luck lol
o well ill just have to keep trying :D !

Last edited by a moderator:
yes mate just keep trying. The first job i had i was paid peanuts and expected to be quick, good, tidy bla bla bla. I needed the experience though and he always dropped me in the **** on jobs like just leaving me there when i didnt have a clue what i was doing and then being told off cos i was slow. Bit **** really but after 1.5 years of that I set up on my own as a subby and a couple of years on im now going for my part p and have lots of subby work. Hopefully the new year will be good for us both!

thanks for that mate i would not even mind being paid peanuts just as long as i was learning and could get my self on to a Course :D
not asking a lot am i ?? lol

i am 24 and i was a senior vehicle tech for citroen and got treated like s##t so i re trained i did a fast track course with a company called react fast in birmingham i have my own business now and i am my own boss and love every minuite of it.

dont be fooled its easy i regulary work long hours and i am constantly working hard on promoting my business while promoting quality workmanship this is the most important thing.

good luck with what ever you do.:):)

Reply to Becoming a qualified electrician in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock