Discuss Best books for 2395/94 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Phil Thompson

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I am contemplating doing the 2395 at my local college starting in August, just missed the 94 but hopefully they will be running it again in November.

I've seen a few books online, but was looking any recommendations from guys who have done the courses recently. Or any other advice.

I have not done the 2395 , but the 2391. The main book for that was guidance note 3 , an IET publication.
Go to The C&G website and look up the chief examiners reports for your course . The comments will be very helpful.
Also recommended is the IET exam success books.

Good luck.

PS . download this , there are questions on this in the exam
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pUbns/priced/gs38.pdf

Last edited:
Are you doing EAL or C&G route out of interest? Daz

I was looking C&G and that's what it said on the prospectus but after calling in with them and speaking to the tutor, it's going to be EAL, the regional college for my county has swapped from C&G to EAL for the 2394/5. And it's not 3hrs a night for 20 weeks but done over 5 weeks all day on a Friday.

It's being government funded too so is £103 each part as opposed to £495 each part. The 2394 class I just missed had 5 guys in it.

The tutor was telling me he's had a few handymen try to get on the course though, and had to be turned away.

Think it's online exam though not sure when it's done, it's 3 Fridays learning then the last 2 Friday's the class is split in 2, for the practical side of things, it's a big difference in learning time compared to 20 weeks X 3hrs a week to fit into 3x8hr days, almost 1/3rd of the C&G going by the prospectus I had read initially. Hence the desire for any books to help along the way. Memory not as good as it used to be due to an injury lol

Pretty sure it's an online exam taken on the last day of the course for EAL. I did C&G (although it was the 2394, but I think the 2395 is the same system) which means there's an additional written exam taken at a later date. That was nerve-wracking! Daz

I did buy a lot of the books on 2394 and 95 but i would suggest GN3
found so many errors in scaddan books and they repeat over the books
ie the 2396 book would have all the same information as the 2394/5 books
also a LOT of ERRORS and for me to spot them must mean some thing wrong, even after the 5th edition and updated still errors

GN3 nice big print and YouTube some Testing Videos, to see it being done than to Read it in TEXT is far better

I did my 2394 with LCL (Logic Cert) Open Book, and i feel it sucked person, the marking wasnt right for me you have to get 75% marks on each question. I dont read things fully so i can miss out a whole question but gain it else where but with LCL if i miss out one question i fail.

The 2395 i did with EAL open book as well. But Doing them both together is only one bit more paper work.

If i recall, all i did was one exam and filled in a bit more of the paper work. I split the course up as if i fail once i was ok with but bother together was a bit scary lot of money. Mean took me 2 weeks to do both course.

Lost marks on the wrong wording .. "Scope" and "Limitations" .. i did try and push that one is Half Full and one is Half Empty.!! also i think it "Neon Mains Tester" i think its a way to test its dead but DONT USE IT
so i just lodged in my head use a Proving unit to test it dead always.
but when it came to the test i didnt think of it, because said dont use it

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the NICEIC (yes, I know) guide to inspection and test but to be honest it didn't really offer anything that GN3 didn't already offer so I couldn't recommend it. Daz

Yeah, I just missed the 2394 due to the girl in the college admissions office not getting back to me in time, but they hope to run it again in November. Is there just one online/written exam for both and a practical for each? Or 2 separate exams and practicals?

saw a few bundle deals on IET site I might look at a bit more to see if they're worthwhile.

Reply to Best books for 2395/94 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock