Discuss Best way to get Experience in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Wait until the new tax year starts then that's when alot of jobs become available.

* Go to college do electrical installation in the evenings level 2.

Agencies and companies would rather employ somebody who is proactive in becoming an electrician.

Try Caval (Agency) 0161 804 5882
they always have something on.

Alot of big jobs take on labour in the new Tax year..

Don't be put off by being knocked back it's quiet now due to Brexit uncertainty and first few months of the year can be tough.

Cheers

Wait until the new tax year starts then that's when alot of jobs become available.

* Go to college do electrical installation in the evenings level 2.

Agencies and companies would rather employ somebody who is proactive in becoming an electrician.

Try Caval (Agency) 0161 804 5882
they always have something on.

Alot of big jobs take on labour in the new Tax year..

Don't be put off by being knocked back it's quiet now due to Brexit uncertainty and first few months of the year can be tough.

Cheers

I’ve done my L2 2365, currently doing L3 2365 then Testing & Inspection, and finally NVQ and AM2.

all depends on how much you need wage wise? and whether you want invaluable experience, or wages basically for watching and learning

As long as I can pay my bills, car, insurance and fuel then it’s all that matters at this point I could do minimum wage as it’s better than nothing. But I would want invaluable experience.

Last edited:
If you can't get a start as an electrician's labourer then you need to get on site to network, that means taking any labouring job onsite and then when you are there sound the electricians out for work.
Even as a labourer you can pick up general building knowledge which will come in handy and if you are a grafter then hopefully the electricians will give you a chance.

If you can't get a start as an electrician's labourer then you need to get on site to network, that means taking any labouring job onsite and then when you are there sound the electricians out for work.
Even as a labourer you can pick up general building knowledge which will come in handy and if you are a grafter then hopefully the electricians will give you a chance.

I will look into it.

Yes I’ve tried them. Nothing really came from it other than sending my CV.

Which ones? Maybe try further afield, such as Halton, Knowsley, Torus(GG/Helena). Then there could be British Gas - they need contract electricians sometimes.

Which housing authorities? Maybe try further afield, such as Halton housing, KHT, Torus(GG/Helena). Then there could be British Gas - they need contract electricians sometimes.

Which housing authorities? Maybe try further afield, such as Halton housing, KHT, Torus(GG/Helena). Then there could be British Gas - they need contract electricians sometimes.

I have tried all the main ones in Liverpool, including British Gas, Network Rail, United Utilities.

I have tried all the main ones in Liverpool, including British Gas, Network Rail, United Utilities.

OK, so maybe try one of the others I have listed. Also have you tried indeed? Ive just searched electricians mate in Liverpool and got a few results.

OK, so maybe try one of the others I have listed. Also have you tried indeed? Ive just searched electricians mate in Liverpool and got a few results.

I will give it a go. I’ve been applying for jobs on the job boards for months. Got nothing. Main thing I need is IPAF but I don’t have the cash available to do it.

Sent a lot of emails to the wholesalers, I will also go down on Monday to a few. A few people have asked me about wages, but rather than me giving them a figure I have said that I will let them decided. The minimum wage would be okay, as I would rather have the experience.

Reply to Best way to get Experience in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock