Discuss Blackberry phone in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hawk81

-
Reaction score
Just got a new Blackberry torch phone and was wondering do any of you guys have a blackberry and what do you think of it? Do you use the BBM? and do you view the forum on it and if so what way? ie the phones own browser or opera mini or another method?

BB Bold 9700 at present, and no, to be honest, haven't used BBM much at all only on and off, and haven't accessed to forum from it either. Lenny has a Torch and fairly sure he's playing with just about everything it can do at the moment.

I like the Bold though - it's my preferred mobile email device.

Just got a new Blackberry torch phone and was wondering do any of you guys have a blackberry and what do you think of it? Do you use the BBM? and do you view the forum on it and if so what way? ie the phones own browser or opera mini or another method?

I've got a torch bud, and so far I loves it. I do use BBM but only know 2 other people with BB's at the mo so only have 2 contacts.

I view the forum as normal in the browser, provided you have 3G reception it's fine. Tapatalk is pants on it as it's still in the beat stage. As Bill said e-mail is awesome and in general I'm very happy, the screen is good and the added bonus of a keypad can be handy at times.

Looked at the BB Torch but in the end opted for the HTC Desire HD only due to the 4.3" screen and that way I can carry the GN pdf's (now I've converted them) and the OSG & Big Red Book all in my pocket and not worry about ever needing to open a book to check a regulation again

I've got a torch bud, and so far I loves it. I do use BBM but only know 2 other people with BB's at the mo so only have 2 contacts.

I view the forum as normal in the browser, provided you have 3G reception it's fine. Tapatalk is pants on it as it's still in the beat stage. As Bill said e-mail is awesome and in general I'm very happy, the screen is good and the added bonus of a keypad can be handy at times.
I am the same 2 friends with BBM

i've got the storm 2 good phone still trying to work most of it lol, i had it 5 months and destroyed it looked like it was 10 year old phone, screen scrathed and damaged back cover was silver as all black rubbed off, was full of dust and dirt,sent it off to blackberry as it started to freeze etc and they replaced every part on on it, so now have new looking phone again.

Whats the camera like on the storm? I have a blackberry curve and the standard of pictures and video is awful!

Blackberry aren't reknowned for their video/camera ability - the new Torch has a 5Mp camera, Curve 2Mp. The BOld/Storm has 3.2Mp which is, at best ok.

If it's video or camera you're after, Android it on a budget, or iPhone it if money no object.

camera is good on it takes better pictures than my htc desire and seems better than my iphone has autofocus capability + broader dynamic color

camera is good on it takes better pictures than my htc desire and seems better than my iphone has autofocus capability + broader dynamic color

My Desire takes FAR better pics than my Bold does - every single time. Higher resolution, better quality, more advanced camera controls, and so on.

I tried contacting you this morning via BBM Bill.........still says pending???

Really? I answered your ping mate - and accepted - it says all hooked up this end......Biggedy Biggedy bong so it is....LOL!

I know the O2 signal here is complete rectal deposit here though.

Check your BBM and if it still says pending, let me know and I'll try to BBM you....

I've got the bold as well, had it around 5 mths and can just about type on it now :D! Flippin buttons are tiny. Strangely enough I too only have 2 BBM contacts !!
Like it so far though seems pretty indestrutable and the case is handy for keeping the worst of the dust out.
Forum works fine normally have a quick read when i'm sat on the throne.

got an oldish bb8800 and want to upgrade. not sure if I want to stay with bb though, originally got it due to email capabilities at the time. like the look of the 9700.
want mobile internet access, note and calander functionality but mainly fast text entry and am dubious of touch screen keyboards but like their large screen for browsing. cant win can you.
what other phones did you guys consider.

Reply to Blackberry phone in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock