Discuss Bonding earth to metal furring behind plasterboard. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Behind plasterboard? Hardly likely to be accessible, so not an extraneous conductive part that is likely to come into contact with a person. As above, just ensure the circuits have RCD protection

Yes there are cables running behind the plasterboard in plastic conduit . The circuit will be on a rcbo.

Imagine water gets spilled and gets behind the skirting touches the stud work which is live due to a screw that penetrated the cables.

Yes there are cables running behind the plasterboard in plastic conduit . The circuit will be on a rcbo.

Imagine water gets spilled and gets behind the skirting touches the stud work which is live due to a screw that penetrated the cables.
that's why you have the RCBO.

was a case of a woman electrocuted exactly same scenario. no testing would have picked up the fault. although the report does not say, it's most likely that a RCD was not fitted to the circuit. if the metal stud had been earthed ( which is not a requirement ) it's probable that testing would have picked up a L-E short.

Worth remembering that cables concealed in walls with metallic parts and metallic frames are subject to having additional protection to them by an rcd in accordance with 415.1.1 or be mechanically protected or be installed in accordance with 522.6.204.

Earthing or bonding metallic parts in walls should not be necessary unless the metallic walls meet the definition of an extraneous conductive part

i'd never consider buying a house with studded walls, metal or wood. for me, walls should be constructed of bricks and plastered. plasterboard is for ceilings.

i'd never consider buying a house with studded walls, metal or wood. for me, walls should be constructed of bricks and plastered. plasterboard is for ceilings.
Welcome to the world of new builds, be it homes or commercial buildings, it’s just the way of the building trade.
If it’s not load bearing, stud it.

Wiring within metallic walls is a ball ache tho and you end up scratched to hell

it’s just the way of the building slap it up as cheap as possible trade.

corrected that for you. you can't define cardboard houses as "building", ans as for that mdf crap??????

Reply to Bonding earth to metal furring behind plasterboard. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock