Discuss Bset College/training school in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

randyrat

Hi again Chaps....
So, given the number of training centres, and the hugely various prices they charge for courses, is there one which in your opinion offers both quality training and value for money. I'm looking at 17th Edition and an EAL course for a start. I don't mind paying extra for a better standard of training, but also don't want to get ripped off.
Are there any places to avoid?
And before you say "wrong forum section for this question matey" I have read ALL the posts in the course feedback section, but no single place stands out from the rest.....
As you no doubt know, a lot of them offer "free toolkit" or "free megger worth ÂŁ750". I'm too old in the tooth to fall for that sort of marketing, and don't want to pay through the nose for a course to get these things. All I want is value for money......
Any advice, good or bad is welcome....
Cheers in advance
R:)andyrat

I would ask:

what is the student to tutor ratio? (i have heard of places with 35 students in one class!) - obviously the fewer the better

does each student get his own dedicated work area AND meter? (some make you share meters - forget it)

this is a good starting point

Want my advice randyrat?

Train with Shakey (seriously). Just look at his posts on here and his numerable (correct) answers to peoples queries. I wouldn't hesitate to enrol with him as my tutor.

*Removes lips from Shakey's ar*e*

The tricky bit now is getting his contact details without getting banned.

ROFL

Hmmm
I was thinking of MET UK.......has anyone got any good/bad feedback on them....their literature etc seems very professional.....
randyrat

Reply to Bset College/training school in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net