Discuss Buy Solar battery storeage then disconnect it? in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
I wish to buy discounted solar battery storeage, eg Powervault.
I can get £2k discount if i agree to "grid-flex", in other words, i connect it to the internet, and let the power company
sometimes have control of my battery, and then they can sometimes discharge it into the grid to help stabilise the grid (along with other peoples batteries too)

I am just thinking of signing up to this, getting the £2k discount, and then i can disconnect the internet, so that the power company cant ever gain control over my powervault battery. Is this possible?
After all, exported electricity makes no money for me.

Hi,
I wish to buy discounted solar battery storeage, eg Powervault.
I can get £2k discount if i agree to "grid-flex", in other words, i connect it to the internet, and let the power company
sometimes have control of my battery, and then they can sometimes discharge it into the grid to help stabilise the grid (along with other peoples batteries too)

I am just thinking of signing up to this, getting the £2k discount, and then i can disconnect the internet, so that the power company cant ever gain control over my powervault battery. Is this possible?

Surely you will be signed up to a contract that prevents you doing this?

The moment the company see the loss of Internet connection, which will be instant as they will be monitoring the state of the Powervault, they'll be at your door wanting to check it.
What they won't be doing is sending you a cheap Gizmo and asking you to check the connection.

And I can absolutely gaurantee you won't be the first person to have thought of this and to have tried attempted it.

So you've not made any money by saving £2k on the purchase???

Reply to Buy Solar battery storeage then disconnect it? in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net