Discuss Cable prices going up. Anywhere to buy in bulk? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have a couple of drums of white-sheathed t&e in old colours and I believe they are worth quite a lot...
I once sold a un-opened 100m roll of red/black twin and earth 2.5 to someone on Ebay for £100
Which at the time seemed like a lot

But given 2.5 is now about 75£ , I should have held out for £200

most sparks are £70-80 per hour now if not more
Certainly not in these parts. And most subbies or cards in guys will be nowhere close to that regardless of location. Thats £640 per day, £3200 per week, and will no doubt need to be plus VAT as even only working half the year labour only you'd be on the VAT threshold.

If on that rate how is it even worth your while to go to the post office to sell stuff for like a tenner?

Certainly not in these parts. And most subbies or cards in guys will be nowhere close to that regardless of location. Thats £640 per day, £3200 per week, and will no doubt need to be plus VAT as even only working half the year labour only you'd be on the VAT threshold.

If on that rate how is it even worth your while to go to the post office to sell stuff for like a tenner?
Very very easy to earn that rate when working for companies Like Pimlico plumbers ! Funny thing is a lot of their guys are clueless and should be on £15 hour max .

I know plenty sparks who pull £600 per day easy working for themselves , it really is not that difficult in my area. Ring any trades and they will quote you £80 per hour. My current rate is £90 per hour and I never get a customer complain that I am too expensive.

As for selling stuff , its beer money and I would rather sell the gear to someone who will use it than collect dust

Funny you should mention Pimlico Plumbers , I now base my hourly rate on what they charge. If that mob can charge £100 per hour to sloshing poo around a blocked up toilet pan than I can charge the same for changing a consumer unit

Funny you should mention Pimlico Plumbers , I now base my hourly rate on what they charge. If that mob can charge £100 per hour to sloshing poo around a blocked up toilet pan than I can charge the same for changing a consumer unit
This time tomorrow Pimlico are doing a report on a boiler install they did and then a year later they serviced .Yet the boiler was not correctly fitted and now has zero warrantee . Its one of many many times i have seen very shoddy work done by them. The botox dwarf will also become news in a few years due to his current "Business venture" :)

This time tomorrow Pimlico are doing a report on a boiler install they did and then a year later they serviced .Yet the boiler was not correctly fitted and now has zero warrantee . Its one of many many times i have seen very shoddy work done by them. The botox dwarf will also become news in a few years due to his current "Business venture" :)
What is the plastic rod stewart up to these day s?

Music by all account . ...But their is a lot of stuff floating around the rumour mill about how a lot of his income came from "interesting" ventures

I take it that yourself and all those local to your are VAT registered then? For most none new build domestic that pushes the rate up another 20%

I know plenty sparks who pull £600 per day easy working for themselves , it really is not that difficult in my area. Ring any trades and they will quote you £80 per hour. My current rate is £90 per hour and I never get a customer complain that I am too expensive.

As for selling stuff , its beer money and I would rather sell the gear to someone who will use it than collect dust
Is that £90 per hour for jobbing about though?
If on the same job on hourly rate for a 40 hour week is it £3600? That would be over VAT threshold just labour only in 24 weeks?‍?️

Reply to Cable prices going up. Anywhere to buy in bulk? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net