Discuss Can Solis Inverter and Solic 200 work together? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BG2000

DIY
Reaction score
I have a 4kw system and a Solic 200 installed - all good since installation.
I had a Solis inverter and Pylontech battery installed, but the Solic and Inverter do not work together! The Solic boost button does not work and I have the warning lights.
I had hoped and asked the installer that if the battery was full then the excess generation would transfer to the Solic - Of course he said yes! When the battery is charged for the day and I am using little power, the battery drains and seems to transfer to the SOLIC, i seem to get hot water whether I want it or not. The Solic app shows the power discharge overnight and during the winter it was turning off.
Can anyone help with either settings for the Solis inverter or Solic 200?
There is nothing on either website that looks at this problem - contacted both Solis and Earthwise but not getting anywhere!

I have a 4kw system and a Solic 200 installed - all good since installation.
I had a Solis inverter and Pylontech battery installed, but the Solic and Inverter do not work together! The Solic boost button does not work and I have the warning lights.
I had hoped and asked the installer that if the battery was full then the excess generation would transfer to the Solic - Of course he said yes! When the battery is charged for the day and I am using little power, the battery drains and seems to transfer to the SOLIC, i seem to get hot water whether I want it or not. The Solic app shows the power discharge overnight and during the winter it was turning off.
Can anyone help with either settings for the Solis inverter or Solic 200?
There is nothing on either website that looks at this problem - contacted both Solis and Earthwise but not getting anywhere!
Hi, did you find a solution to this? I have a Solic 200 (white one) as well and thinking to get Solis/Pylontech battery just like yours, so wondered if they would work together.

If you have the black (older) Solic 200, there are dip switches inside. It can be used to increase the export threshold at which the Solic 200 starts to divert power to the inverter. I think that might help this situation. But if you have the white Solic 200 like mine which is fixed a 0W export threshold, it's not so easy.

It seems the solic 200 might not be designed to work with home battery storage. Surely they must have advice on this. Did they say anything?

The solution I came up with was a simple time switch on the SOLiC 200 that only lets it operate in daylight hours from 10:00 to 15:00. The TS operates a hefty relay that supplies the 13A fused spur to the SOLiC. It's not ideal but it stops the parasitic drain on the batteries through the night.

Reply to Can Solis Inverter and Solic 200 work together? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net