Discuss CAN THE EMPLOYER BE SERIOUS in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

MG201

-
Reaction score
MY PAL HAS STARTED WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT HAS LOTS OF CONTACTS WITH LOCAL HOUSING ASSOCIATIONS ( 1000s of properties) HE IS DOING EICR’s & minor remedials eg cracked socket sets replacement)HE WAS DOING 5 a day at a max push but was told he needs to do 8 a day as a min . The paperwork is done on a pad by engineer at time of test. He has been told that he won’t have a job long if he can’t do 8 properties a day . Surely this can’t be right . The company is NICEIC accredited. Is it even possible to do 8 a day even if 10% of accessories have to be checked .

Assuming the houses are within walking distance of each other, and the occupant is standing at the door ready to let him in
and any furniture and other obstructions have been moved
and dogs and other household pets have been locked up out of the way
and any children have been locked up out of the way
and the occupant isn't standing over him asking questions but is available to identify where all sockets switches spurs outside lights etc are

No chance.

Either it's the same company or other companies doing H-A properties have the same modus operandi as I'm certain I've seen at least one post similar to this before.

Best advice it to keep plodding away doing the number he (or she) feels happy with, whilst looking for another job.

That is ridiculous! I wouldn't do more than 2 in a day at a push and that would be a good hard day! You won't find much wrong ar be able to do the required samples in an hour! I would find something else! Wouldn't even consider putting my name on a report unless it had been inspected properly!
Sy

So the MINIMUM requirement is 8 EICR's / day and the minor remedials, what a totally unrealistic and unreachable target if they are done properly, I doubt you could do it if you used all 24 hours in the day

I'd be walking out and would make sure the NICEIC got to know about it and if declined to do anything about it my next call would be UKAS to ask why the NICEIC is allowed to operate under their accreditation scheme

Ask him to put the threat in writing or shut the hell* up. If he is stupid enough to do so forward it to the NICEIC.

These bullies actively employ people low in confidence and experience and exploit them.

They're scum because when TSHTF they'll be pointing the finger at the man who signed the cert, a bad apple, rogue, lone wolf who'll be sacked and "lessons have been learnt"

* I think this really warrants the full weight of a f*#k.

I've said it before, this will end up coming back to bite people once someone gets hurt/killed by dangerous electrics which have been signed off by one of these jokers.
The problem is the pricks in the shiny suits and pointy shoes will just blame the poor sap who signed the cert.

I've seen these guys and they're often afraid of their shadow running round chasing their arses afraid their not upto it because they can't do X per day.

got to do something to ease the boredom of writing up false eicrs
Huge money was made .Guys on scooters all over london offering bad landlords "good results" so they did not need to spend money .This country could not organise a thing these days .Its a mess

to the OP...
while you are striving to complete 8 a day, your employer is living it up at his golf club, telling his friends that he has all these mugs knocking their pans out and filling his wallet.
You are better than that!
Do what you can do, do it well, and if you get sacked, name and shame.
You have a defence (doing an important job properly), he has none. If you can stand your ground, and can get the other guys in the same situation to do the same, you will win. The employer will go bust...and that alone will mitigate against him exploiting others.
If you can't sleep at night knowing your name is on those certificates, then you are in the right place.
Good luck!

Reply to CAN THE EMPLOYER BE SERIOUS in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock