Discuss Car chargers/Professional Electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you attended a course you'd learn that the reason that people are advised against the standard plug top are; 1) it needs 10-12hrs to fully charge, what has that got to do with how it's connected?! 2) can not claim any grants for install if it's only ÂŁ10 for the parts, who needs a grant? 3) does not communicate with car to optimise battery life. Nor does my mobile, nor does my Li-on cell charger, etc....they all have it 'built in'.

Hence the different Mode chargers.
But then that's why there is a course for ELVC! Now who's the idiot?

:dupe: I'm saying nothing.

If you knew about the different connection devices then you know that they have differing charge times.
I'd also like to see you run a car on you mobile phone battery!

still seeing as you know so much then I can't teach the un-teachable. Sorry

If you attended a course you'd learn that the reason that people are advised against the standard plug top are; 1) it needs 10-12hrs to fully charge, 2) can not claim any grants for install3) does not communicate with car to optimise battery life.

Hence the different Mode chargers.
But then that's why there is a course for ELVC! Now who's the idiot?

That's fair enough, but do you really need a training course, to explain those points?? Surely every every mode charger for a particular make of car (unless they are standardised universal mode chargers) would come with a set of installation instructions and user manual etc!!

As a matter of interest, what did this training course cover??

could it be "let's make up a new regulation" at the niceic tea party?
and lets make up a new course n all...
NIC electric vehicle charging course ÂŁ129 for registered....ÂŁ150 for registered....both + vat
course duration= 1 day

imagesCAQRL4F2.jpg

Then just wait until the C&G institute sees another money making qualification they can tap into, the same way they cottoned on to the PAT testing Cert!!!!

Then you'll have all the non technical idiots calling for this cert, if you want to install such a system, same way they do now for anyone who wants to carry out brain numbing PAT testing!!

Reply to Car chargers/Professional Electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net