Discuss Certsure: Where are the threads about Certsure? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Certsure: Where are the threads about Certsure?

Considering this company own pretty much all certification companies. And perhaps are trying to own the last couple to dominate the market? We don't have anymore than a single thread using the name 'certsure' in the title!

What's that all about?

I think somebody needs to be discussing this company more. A lot lot more than people are.

Whilst I'm sure they run their brands separately, and they each have their own systems and processes in place (although somebody did mention that they rang Stroma the other week and they answered the phone as one of their other brands) - they are in fact owned by the same company.

So am I right in saying that Certsure now own NICEIC, Elecsa, NAPIT and Stroma?

Although their website says they own just two of the brands I mention: Our Brands - Certsure - http://certsure.com/our-brands/

Perhaps worth taking a look a companies house and the tradesmarks sites to clarify. It seems very dominant and confusing. There must be a lot of money in this for them to be so aggressive with their purchasing of other brands.

I'm hoping I've got this right here. They actually own 4 of the 5 or 6 'options' electricians have when it comes to certification schemes?

I feel a table coming on with explanations and pricing and benefits of each etc. Not sure why I can't find one already online somewhere.

The last 'news' they had on their certsure website was 2016. So perhaps just not updated it yet.

Their shareholders are reported, at the time of writing, as:-

Electrical Safety First: A Charity
Electrical Safety First is a UK charity that’s dedicated to keeping people safe by reducing the risk of electrical accidents around the home and in the work place."

Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA): A Trade Association
The ECA is the trade association which represents the industry and has circa 3000 registered members ranging from local employers with only a few operatives, to national multi-service companies with several branches employing thousands.

I assume then that this board is of the ECA.

Our Board
Chair: Philip Buckle
Phil was appointed Director General of Electrical Safety First in 2009, having previously served as the Director of Charitable Affairs of the charity from 2007. Phil previously held the post of Marketing and Business Development Director at NICEIC and Head of Technical Services at the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA).

Managing Director: Kevan Parker
Kevan is the Managing Director of Certsure LLP. Prior to joining Certsure in 2015 as Director Certification and Operations, Kevan worked in senior roles within technical and service organisations including British Standards Institution, Trafficmaster Ltd, VT Group, Babcock Support Services and QinetiQ.

Steve Bratt
Steve was appointed ECA Group Chief Executive Officer in October 2010, having previously served as Deputy CEO from February 2010. Steve joined the ECA as Chief Operating Officer in 2007 from Magna Housing Group, where he was Group Business Development Director and MD of Charter Ltd and Affordable Homes UK

Simon Ashmore
Biography to follow.

Martyn Burnley

Joining as an Accountant in 1989, Martyn became ECA Group Finance Director in October 2010. This followed a number of years with the accountancy firm Chantrey Vellacott. Martyn is a Chartered Accountant and is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.

Dave Dossett
Biography to follow.

Paul McNaughton
Paul is Managing Director of Darke and Taylor Limited and was President of the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA) in 2012-13. Paul is an active member of the ECA’s Education and Training Committee and Employee Relations Committee and also holds a seat on the national board of the JIB.

Mark Sibley
Mark Sibley is the Finance Director and a Board member of Certsure LLP and Ascertiva Group Limited. He has responsibility for the finance, facilities, procurement and SAP support departments. Mark has a BSc (Hons) in Environmental Studies and became a fully qualified accountant in 1997 obtaining fellowship in 2002 (FCCA). Mark has previously worked as Director of Finance for two UK subsidiaries of Bouygues a large French conglomerate.

Bob Smithson
Biography to follow.

Jennifer Trim

Biography to follow.

If I'm wrong, somebody correct me please. :)

So, further to me writing this, I have been informed of the following confusing info: Stroma Certification Scheme - Is STROMA now owned by NAPIT, and Certsure own ELECSA, NICEIC and... - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/is-stroma-now-owned-by-napit-and-certsure-own-elecsa-niceic-and.178790/

So will dig around a bit once my workload has gone down. Or unless somebody can clarify where the connections stop. Perhaps even somebody from one of the firms I question (and are baffled about)?

I haven't the time right now. :)

Fishy as to where Certsure threads are though. They clearly have a lot of market share. And nobody is every mentioning them. In 13 years of being online we've had 1 thread about them? lol

Weird.

So, further to me writing this, I have been informed of the following confusing info: Stroma Certification Scheme - Is STROMA now owned by NAPIT, and Certsure own ELECSA, NICEIC and... - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/is-stroma-now-owned-by-napit-and-certsure-own-elecsa-niceic-and.178790/

So will dig around a bit once my workload has gone down. Or unless somebody can clarify where the connections stop. Perhaps even somebody from one of the firms I question (and are baffled about)?

I haven't the time right now. :)

Fishy as to where Certsure threads are though. They clearly have a lot of market share. And nobody is every mentioning them. In 13 years of being online we've had 1 thread about them? lol

Weird.

People don't deal with the brand of Certsure, so I guess they don't discuss it.

We in the e5 group often pay attention to Certsure as an entity.

People don't deal with the brand of Certsure, so I guess they don't discuss it.

That would make sense I guess. But more discussion needs to take place IMO. They're the ones behind ALL the names by the looks of it. If not most. And then charities behind that name. Needs discussing more. I don't think many people understand the setup of them all. And their roles etc. Perhaps that's just me.

Also, WTF is E5? :D

That would make sense I guess. But more discussion needs to take place IMO. They're the ones behind ALL the names by the looks of it. If not most. And then charities behind that name. Needs discussing more. I don't think many people understand the setup of them all. And their roles etc. Perhaps that's just me.

Also, WTF is E5? :D

ECA own Certsure, so start there ?

Napit is independent to the majority.

No idea what this e5 thing is ?.

No idea what this e5 thing is ?.

You said that. :)

ECA don't own them. It's a split apparently between two charities. And that's one of them I think? I have posted about this in other threads. I'd have to reread them all though to get my head around it again.
[automerge]1569253711[/automerge]
The last 'news' they had on their certsure website was 2016. So perhaps just not updated it yet.

Their shareholders are reported, at the time of writing, as:-

Electrical Safety First: A Charity
Electrical Safety First is a UK charity that’s dedicated to keeping people safe by reducing the risk of electrical accidents around the home and in the work place."

Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA): A Trade Association
The ECA is the trade association which represents the industry and has circa 3000 registered members ranging from local employers with only a few operatives, to national multi-service companies with several branches employing thousands.
Actually, it was this thread we're replying to.

These are their shareholders in the latest news I could find.

You said that. :)

ECA don't own them. It's a split apparently between two charities. And that's one of them I think? I have posted about this in other threads. I'd have to reread them all though to get my head around it again.
[automerge]1569253711[/automerge]

Actually, it was this thread we're replying to.

These are their shareholders in the latest news I could find.

Who owns the charities? ?

Who owns the charities? ?
These people, again, in the first post lol

Our Board
Chair: Philip Buckle
Phil was appointed Director General of Electrical Safety First in 2009, having previously served as the Director of Charitable Affairs of the charity from 2007. Phil previously held the post of Marketing and Business Development Director at NICEIC and Head of Technical Services at the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA).

Managing Director: Kevan Parker
Kevan is the Managing Director of Certsure LLP. Prior to joining Certsure in 2015 as Director Certification and Operations, Kevan worked in senior roles within technical and service organisations including British Standards Institution, Trafficmaster Ltd, VT Group, Babcock Support Services and QinetiQ.

Steve Bratt
Steve was appointed ECA Group Chief Executive Officer in October 2010, having previously served as Deputy CEO from February 2010. Steve joined the ECA as Chief Operating Officer in 2007 from Magna Housing Group, where he was Group Business Development Director and MD of Charter Ltd and Affordable Homes UK

Simon Ashmore
Biography to follow.

Martyn Burnley

Joining as an Accountant in 1989, Martyn became ECA Group Finance Director in October 2010. This followed a number of years with the accountancy firm Chantrey Vellacott. Martyn is a Chartered Accountant and is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.

Dave Dossett
Biography to follow.

Paul McNaughton
Paul is Managing Director of Darke and Taylor Limited and was President of the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA) in 2012-13. Paul is an active member of the ECA’s Education and Training Committee and Employee Relations Committee and also holds a seat on the national board of the JIB.

Mark Sibley
Mark Sibley is the Finance Director and a Board member of Certsure LLP and Ascertiva Group Limited. He has responsibility for the finance, facilities, procurement and SAP support departments. Mark has a BSc (Hons) in Environmental Studies and became a fully qualified accountant in 1997 obtaining fellowship in 2002 (FCCA). Mark has previously worked as Director of Finance for two UK subsidiaries of Bouygues a large French conglomerate.

Bob Smithson
Biography to follow.

Jennifer Trim

Biography to follow.

Reply to Certsure: Where are the threads about Certsure? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock