Discuss Circuit Breaker Required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Colin Beagrie

Good Morning,

Was wondering if anyone can help me out. I am looking for the following type of circuit breaker for a customer of ours. Have looked into modern replacements but can't find any suitable ones so it's looking more likely that we need a direct replacement.

What we are after is the following -

Merlin Gerin
Compact C250NI, 4 Pole Circuit Breaker
250Amp Frame
600V/500VDC
24VDC Under Voltage Coil
2x Auxiliary Contact Block

If anyone has one or more of this type of breaker please contact myself and we can talk business.

Regards
Colin Beagrie

I have looked at these but there are a couple of issues, it's for an EX offshore panel and due to the certification it has to be a direct replacement or as technically close to the original. The original is a 250Amp frame and that one is a 400Amps frame. The Compact C250NI has no protection device either, it is used as an isolator for a telecoms battery system therefore needs to be 4 pole. Also the rotation handle for the original rotates anti-clockwise for on and newer ones rotate clockwise for on. Have looked at various manufacturers and they all rotate clockwise for on.

Thanks for the replies guys but it really needs to be a direct replacement

I've included some photos of the older circuit breaker

Circuit Breaker Required SAM_1179.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Circuit Breaker Required SAM_1184.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Circuit Breaker Required SAM_1185.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

I have contacted Schneider and I'm just waiting on a response. To be honest my experience with their tech support has been somewhat mixed but I'll wait and see what they come back with. My hope is that I can find someone who has one of these sitting on a shelf somewhere, it would get our customer out of a bit of a sticky one.

Have an online search for obsolete electrics, redundant breakers, rare MCCBs, Salvaged electrical and talk to some of those people, they are they sort who may well have something of the sort on the shelf.
There are a fair few websites that deal with these items.

Reply to Circuit Breaker Required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock