Discuss City and Guilds project. Drawing in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ignaten

Trainee
Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Ivan, I’m study as electrician on my C&G 2365 level 3. Im a bit struggling with my project.
I added an example of my drawing :
how I understand I have to wire all my emergency lights with permanent live ( do I need to take one separate permanent live and connect with it to group of emergency light and connect to MCB on DB or do I need to connect every single emergency wire to separate MCB (I mean one MCB one emergency light)?
And another question how to connect emergency exit( do I need to use another permanent live or can I use live from emergency light)
Maybe my drawing looks a little messy but these are the first sketches then i will redo it )
Sorry for silly question

Attachments

• City and Guilds project. Drawing B345123C-C6D6-48D4-9FCB-754C9F1E0F26 - EletriciansForums.net
    B345123C-C6D6-48D4-9FCB-754C9F1E0F26.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 102
Are your emergency lights meant to be maintained or non maintained? You can have several emergency lights on one circuit it does not need to be one per mcb, they can even be wired off an existing lighting circuit in some circumstances or if they were combined fittings. Exit box is fine wired off other em lights. You also need to think of how to switch the emergency fittings for testing purposes, generally keyswitch etc.

Emergency lighting is governed by BS EN 1838 and BS 5266-1 However I can't see C&G requiring students to know of them or have them, thankfully there are easy to follow guides out there from NICEIC and other organisations.

I used the standards, niceic pocket guide and ICEL 1006 (Google should bring up a fantastic PDF) in my design project (8202-30 - Car Garage/Workshop) and got a distinction so I'd say put a little time in, get a baseline knowledge, apply and reference it.

One other thing; use acetate sheets, you can get them in A4, A3 and larger - this will allow you to show 1 circuit per sheet and quickly 'declutter' your drawing of circuit routes; Sure you'll start of with nice colours; red, blue, yellow, green etc but there will come points where you'll one inevitably overlap circuit routes and it'll just appear as a brown mud-like mess - Put a bit of forward planning in and make it easier for yourself and the examiners as it makes it easier to fight, should thr need arise.

City and Guilds project. Drawing Screenshot_20230131_013637_Drive - EletriciansForums.netCity and Guilds project. Drawing Screenshot_20230131_013631_Drive - EletriciansForums.netCity and Guilds project. Drawing Screenshot_20230131_013617_Drive - EletriciansForums.netCity and Guilds project. Drawing Screenshot_20230131_013611_Drive - EletriciansForums.net

I completed this project a few months ago and wasn't required to fit emergency lights. If you want to push yourself, by all means, but don't get too stressed about using them if you cant work it out.

Reply to City and Guilds project. Drawing in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock