Discuss Clips maximum spacing distance in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mandinga1975

Hello all

I wonder whether anyone can let me know the clips maximum spacing distance for fixing 6mm diameter PVC cable to a wall (both vertical and horizontal), as per BS7671.

Unfortunately I haven't got my 17th Edition or On-site guide yet.

Slightly OT but are there any other books that I would find useful (I am half way through my City and Guilds 2330.

Thanks

Dan

Got my regs book in front of me and it states if the diameter is greater than 9mm but less than 15mm then the maximum spacings are 300mm apart horizontally or 400mm apart vertically. Greater than 15mm diameter cable but less than 20mm is 350mm and 450mm. Greater than 20mm but less than 40mm is 400mm and 550mm. Hope this helps. Ben

Reply to Clips maximum spacing distance in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello guys. This is my first post so go easy on me. I have had a install job at the company I work for currently. It is pvc 20mm conduit run on...
Replies
Views
B
Hi all, New to the forum and looking for some advice. Basically, I have just purchased a new house and the previous owner decided to run some 6mm...
Replies
Views
Another long one from me ... I hope that it covers all the bases and is a more thorough approach to the subject. It is my first design work so...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I'm 34 years old and live near Chesterfield. I finished my City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 followed by the BS7671:2008 17th Edition in 2011...
Replies
Views
sparky27
S
T
I hope people on this forum don't think i am whining too much or jumping on my soap box unnecasserily but i wanted to post a letter i am writing...
Replies
Views
Teslaisgod
T

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock