Discuss Coach Lantern style light with bottom or side cable entry points in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electric Magic

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been asked to fit 3 coach lantern style lights on the outside of a house. The wiring is to be run externally, I'm having trouble finding a make that has bottom or side cable entry points. Pretty much all of the products I have found only have rear cable entry points. Can anyone recommend any products or suggest a solution? The customer isn't keen on lots of work being done inside the property. Thanks.

Hi all,

I have been asked to fit 3 coach lantern style lights on the outside of a house. The wiring is to be run externally, I'm having trouble finding a make that has bottom or side cable entry points. Pretty much all of the products I have found only have rear cable entry points. Can anyone recommend any products or suggest a solution? The customer isn't keen on lots of work being done inside the property. Thanks.
How have the lanterns been wired? take the external wiring into a conduit box and use the rear entry option

what i havedone in this situation is to chase out some mortar at the bottom of the light, then feed cable behind the kight base.

Thanks Pete, do you mean take the external cable to a conduit box adjacent to where I position the lantern, then take the cable through the wall inside the house and then back out into the back of the fitting? Or something else?

take the external wiring into a conduit box and use the rear entry option

The above or maybe find one with a deep base and drill & gland it.
upload_2016-11-28_12-51-44.png

upload_2016-11-28_12-51-29.png

Why can't I remove a pic in Edit ????

Thanks Pete, do you mean take the external cable to a conduit box adjacent to where I position the lantern, then take the cable through the wall inside the house and then back out into the back of the fitting? Or something else?
You never actually answered my 1st question on how the lights are wired internally or externally, in order to answer your question I need that info to be able to offer what I think may be a solution to your dilemma.

You never actually answered my 1st question on how the lights are wired internally or externally, in order to answer your question I need that info to be able to offer what I think may be a solution to your dilemma.

These are the lanterns the customer wants: http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/asd-le...tracking url&gclid=CIbIzZjKy9ACFaoV0wodVQwGSg

Sorry, not sure what you mean Pete. I will be fitting them externally, I will run the cables externally, they are not pre-wired (if that's what you are getting at) and the only cable entry point is on the rear of the fitting.

Reply to Coach Lantern style light with bottom or side cable entry points in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net