Discuss Combination ladders worth the money or not in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have a 7.5m combination and its a little scary at max hight! It does have a wide foot bar on one side only, but at 7.5m it does feel "wrong" being above the pivot point of the step ladder part. It works well though when there is nothing to lean an extension ladder against.
The most important thing is that I bought mine about 18 months ago via eBay, a company called Cardiff ladders I think. I paid ÂŁ160 new! I would do a quick search if I were you looking at the prices on that link. Its a quality youngmans ladder not cheap rubbish.

I've had my 3x12 zarges for about 8 years now and think they're great.

Dead handy for dealing with the odd light fitting in a church or school hall etc.

I've owned Zarges 2.4 and used 3.6, wonderfull pieces of kit.
Wouldn't use some of the others that don't have the solid support on the "A".

2.4 perfectly steady at full height.

3.6 starts to feel wobbly but it's mainly in the mind, used one under a petrol station canopy once changing lamps and the canopy was swaying, felt weird for a while.

Got something similar, work great when you'v not got a wall/beam to lean on but still scares the S**T out of me when I'm right at the top above the A point.
Agree with drew35 - looks expensive - the one I have cost around 120€ and IS nice and solidly made.

Lee

Hailo Combination Ladders are great they have a half moon shape bottom foot which when used as a ladder helps with uneven ground or if on a slope.
Screwfix sell them !

I like the look of those pro little giant steps advertised on your link.
Ladders and steps are so versitile these days.

They are a great job, really steady if a little scarey because in the mind it just doesn't seem right!

That seems very steep price wise, bought mine from BPS Access Solutions. They sell through their website, on ebay and amazon etc so worth flicking between the 3 to see which price is cheapest. Can't fault the quality of them, had mine about 2 years now and they have taken some abuse in that time and still in perfect nick.

I have the little giants there heavy but about the most stable steps i have ever owned wouldnt do without them now.

Had mine for 5 years now and there as good as when i bought them no signs of wear like feet coming off and such that you normally get.

They are a great job, really steady if a little scarey because in the mind it just doesn't seem right!

That seems very steep price wise, bought mine from BPS Access Solutions. They sell through their website, on ebay and amazon etc so worth flicking between the 3 to see which price is cheapest. Can't fault the quality of them, had mine about 2 years now and they have taken some abuse in that time and still in perfect nick.

What size are they. Looking around the price for the Abru ones doesn't look to much.

BPS access solutions sell these ladders cheap on ebay. a while back my friend bought some and i have used them once, seem ok, wide bar at the bottom for stability and look quite well made. was thinking abut getting some myself but i'll just have to add it to the ever growing list of equipment i need to buy!

they do 7 -12 rung options, ranging from ÂŁ93 to ÂŁ140 including delivery. Link

Take a look at this thread:
http://www.electriciansforums.net/electrical-tools-products/59305-little-giant-ladders.html

I ended up buying the 6 tread Little Giant Pro. I'll do a proper write up when I've used them a bit more; but so far, so good.

I've got a 5 rung set. Big problem is people taking a liking to them and trying to thieve them

The originals that the little giants are copied from I've got a 6 rung ladder thats closing 30 years old now just needs the occasional spray of WD40 on the hinges and extension bolts to keep them tip top

I have the little giants there heavy but about the most stable steps i have ever owned wouldnt do without them now.

Had mine for 5 years now and there as good as when i bought them no signs of wear like feet coming off and such that you normally get.

Good ladders had a 5 rung pair for about 12 years now

You having a laugh, would rather buy the genuine Little giants at a cheaper price!

Although I own a pair of Waku's the quality doesn't warrant the extra cost over the Little Giants especially if there is someone who is light fingered on site as I have had a couple of pairs nicked over the last 25 years so always lock them down now

Iv used various through the years Combies are great till you go up the 7.5 pair to top then its a tad hairry ATM i use CLOW 3mrt set only down point is no solid cross bracer like the zagrebbs have and the webbing belts use to blow around on roofrack causing a good bit of damage to them Also when on the roof they get covered in all sorts and the rung clips seize after a while ( glad iv now got a LWB van to keep them in )
Whaku,little giants are fantastic specialy for suspended celings where you can extend through the celing very stable and solid BUT need regular use,maintenance with WD 3in1 ect specialy if on a roof rack ( protective cover might be a good "Dragons den" accessory)
Dont like these cheap 5 in ones from bnQ ect as Iv seen a set colapse at one of the stupid joint,clips horrendus things that they are
Fiberglas steps seem to Walk as I climb them as Im on the "large" side this is ok when its a couple of treads but not when its 12 or 14 treads as you have to make adjustments when setting up

Reply to Combination ladders worth the money or not in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock