Discuss Combination ladders worth the money or not in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i was thinking about these ladders as had couple of ballasts on highbay lights to change at height, but i ended up buying 10 tread steps...

Combination ladders are still worth having in case you need to reach a light or point far from any walls you can lean your ladder against.

I have a triple extension ladder and an ankalad ladder stabiliser. I can use it like a combination ladder and the ankalad eliminates the risk of the ladder tipping sideways.

little giants

I've been using the six tread little giant ladders for 4 years now absolutely love them , got mine off an old guy who bought them and found them too heavy for him cost me £80.00 absolute bargain!
but having used them I would pay the 180 quid as they are well made

more sturdy as a pair of steps than normal types , I feel very safe on them ,very solidly built , and versatile ,
the only drawback I can see with them is they're difficult to put on a roofrack, (mine go in horizontally. and side on into the backdoors of a transit connect ,up against racking)

Re: little giants

I've been using the six tread little giant ladders for 4 years now absolutely love them , got mine off an old guy who bought them and found them too heavy for him cost me £80.00 absolute bargain!
but having used them I would pay the 180 quid as they are well made

more sturdy as a pair of steps than normal types , I feel very safe on them ,very solidly built , and versatile ,
the only drawback I can see with them is they're difficult to put on a roofrack, (mine go in horizontally. and side on into the backdoors of a transit connect ,up against racking)

how is it difficult to get on roofrack?

we use 3m tripple extender at work and thats a bastered to get on van and move about (not ali)

OTE=shanky887614;93973]how is it difficult to get on roofrack?

we use 3m tripple extender at work and thats a bastered to get on van and move about (not ali)[/QUOTE]

I've got an ex bt van with original ladder racking so because these steps are wide at the bottom they don't fit, so for me the only practical way to put them on a roof rack would be to fit something custom made or custom bodged to the rack and I've more important things to do, plus they are heavy so getting them on and off the van roof is still difficult especially if you have a bog standard 2 bar rack
I also carry a set of triples as the little giants only reach up to below a first floor window so they aren't a replacement for over 3 metres high

I've got an ex bt van with original ladder racking so because these steps are wide at the bottom they don't fit, so for me the only practical way to put them on a roof rack would be to fit something custom made or custom bodged to the rack and I've more important things to do, plus they are heavy so getting them on and off the van roof is still difficult especially if you have a bog standard 2 bar rack
I also carry a set of triples as the little giants only reach up to below a first floor window so they aren't a replacement for over 3 metres high

If you can't get over 3 metres on a 6 rung Little Giant ladder you are using them wrong I have a 6 rung Waku ladder that opens into a 6 and bit metre straight ladder and my 5 rung Little Giants go to 5 metres !!

No its me I can't measure or count lol
I actually have the 5 tread not the 6 , and the 3 metres was a guesstimate made very late at night after a beverage or two,
it is more like 5 metres but it does only reach to just below a first floor window on most houses, so as I was suggesting great ladders for most purposes but won't replace a proper ext ladder for the high stuff

Reply to Combination ladders worth the money or not in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock