Discuss CompEX or EEHA Hazardous area's Training in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

KennyKen

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys been working in the Mines - Australia. Completed Hazardous areas training. Just wanted to let all industrial or commercial sparks who will jump up a notch that I have eventually found the field that I'm satisfied with. Prospective sparkles who are thinking of doing the move to AUS should definitely consider moving into this field. I thought I would share my personal experience as I have seen many posts from the forum regarding migration for Electricians.

Have a a great day peeps peace.

There's no question. Should of made this thread in the foreign section but by mistake it came here. It's more guidance as I have had many people from the UK asking what particular work best suits British sparks. The compEX and EEHA are the same. Ones British and the other is Australian I used that as an heading.

There's no question. Should of made this thread in the foreign section but by mistake it came here. It's more guidance as I have had many people from the UK asking what particular work best suits British sparks. The compEX and EEHA are the same. Ones British and the other is Australian I used that as an heading.

Hi kennyken, do you mind me asking how exactly you ended up working in mines in Australia?
Also any advice about moving to au and the best way get a licence over, thanks.

Yeah there both the same according to the regs here and yes non sparking or EX 'N' apparatus and equipment are used. Getting a licence there is a pain in the ********. Aussies have this massive misconception that British sparks are ****e and laugh at the concept of final ring mains. I got a gig in the mines because there more suited to mechanical protection therefore protected with steel conduit something the Aussies fail miserably at considering they have trouble bending plastic pipe. It's generally seen as a respectable occupation here so sparkles are generally paid well.

Reply to CompEX or EEHA Hazardous area's Training in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net