Discuss Conduit runs over 10 meters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

2396help

Hi, as my name says im just trying to do the project on my 2396, im looking into my options of cable management and on route i have stumbled across conduit rating factors p142 yellow osg (ive never worked with conduit) and the rating factors only go up to 10m, is this 10m maximum length or 10m maximum length between inspection boxes

Many thanks

Welcome to the forum, may I tempt you into applying for our trainee section where you are amongst like minded trainee's and we have mentors to help with the kind of questions asked by those learnng the ropes, it's not a requirement but I would recommend it :)

Hi bud,is it plastic or steel conduit? because other factors will be at play,not least,earthing and thermal expansion :stooge_curly:

I was only asking because of the OP's location. I've done some courses at Brian Scaddan Associates in Waterlooville and wondered if the OP had chosen the same.
Were they any good? It'd probably take me about an hour and a half to get there, which is just about do-able.

Last one was a few years ago, but I thought they good. I wouldn't be surprised if Brian had retired by now.
Looking at the C&G website there are a few colleges which offer it - Brockenhurst College, Southampton City College and Eastleigh College seem the most reputable - have you used or heard from anyone who has used any of those?

There are also a couple of training centres such as New Career Skills, but a quick search of this forum brings up a lot of horror stories about them.

Looking at the C&G website there are a few colleges which offer it - Brockenhurst College, Southampton City College and Eastleigh College seem the most reputable - have you used or heard from anyone who has used any of those?

There are also a couple of training centres such as New Career Skills, but a quick search of this forum brings up a lot of horror stories about them.

Sorry, I don't know about any courses other than Brian Scaddan.

Reply to Conduit runs over 10 meters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net