Discuss Confirmation of Hive Wiring in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lozcozard

Just swapped a Danfoss RX1 for a Hive v2. I initially thought I would just put the wiring into the same place, easy enough. Didn't work. I notice the terminal allocation is different between the two:

Danfoss: N - L - 1 (unused) - 2 (COM) - 3 (ON) - 4 (OFF)
Hive: N - L - 1 (COM) - 2 (OFF) - 3 (ON) - 4 (unused)

In the Danfoss there was no wire in the OFF (or unused of course). So I think I mapped it correct to the Hive but wondered if anyone knows, because there's never any good pictures online for the correct wiring (just diagrams). It is working OK but still best to check. Especially because of the connection between L and COM, any pictures I do find online never seem to have this.

Thanks

Confirmation of Hive Wiring {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Here's mine:

something is wrong as you have connected an earth wire to a live terminal, I would strongly recommend leaving it turned off until you can get an electrician to fix this.

I would suspect that too but why cut off a perfectly suitable brown core
Tis a mystery to snip the brown and use the green/yellow but he seems to have sussed the change of terminals, the link across the "L" and "1" seems odd. Confusing because of the misuse of conductors.

Tis a mystery to snip the brown and use the green/yellow but he seems to have sussed the change of terminals, the link across the "L" and "1" seems odd. Confusing because of the misuse of conductors.

at a Guess someone wasn't sure how to wire the original clock and put the link in from L to 1 and by sheer luck the switch to the boiler is 230v instead of volt free contacts or else they would have blown the thing to bits

at a Guess someone wasn't sure how to wire the original clock and put the link in from L to 1 and by sheer luck the switch to the boiler is 230v instead of volt free contacts or else they would have blown the thing to bits
a bit like:

Oh yes very good point about earth. I purchased the house a few months back and these are the wires used in the danfoss that was there and working ok. It also had the link from L to COM so I just replicated the setup but to the Hive terminals.

The rest of the house had some dodgy wiring too. Had to have a rewire.

It's working ok but looks like it's not right so thanks for the feedback will have someone look at it.

Coincidentally my electrician just asked to pop in tomorrow for something else so will ask him!

Reply to Confirmation of Hive Wiring in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock