Discuss Conservatory Light FCU Switch Change of Location in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DKenny

Hi all,

I've looked at a job in a conservatory where there is a 3A FCU powering the light in the conservatory but the location of the FCU is as low down as a socket, under the window, making it difficult for the customer to reach down all the time. They want it moving to a standard height. Can I extend this by connecting 1.5mm using a junction box, using a blank face plate to cover this in its current location and then run trunking up to the required height and re-fix the FCU to the wall?

Any advice would help, thanks!

I've not seen the job, but I'd probably leave the SFCU where it is and add an ordinary light switch between it and the light.
just what i would have suggested, but i was bye-byes at the time. :)

after a 15 minute job ( removing an unwanted 2 way pull switch ) turned into 2 hours, crawling into attic, moving a ton of itchy-poo, sussing out the spider wiring for 3 lights in 1 JB, and the switch wire from the next room coming down the same conduit drop and then drilled through the wall, i well deserved a 4 pint rest and early kip.

after a 15 minute job ( removing an unwanted 2 way pull switch ) turned into 2 hours, crawling into attic, moving a ton of itchy-poo, sussing out the spider wiring for 3 lights in 1 JB, and the switch wire from the next room coming down the same conduit drop and then drilled through the wall, i well deserved a 4 pint rest and early kip.

Ok I can't argue with that :cool::)

I've not seen the job, but I'd probably leave the SFCU where it is and add an ordinary light switch between it and the light.
OK great, thanks! I think the FCU is being fed off the the socket ring, hence why it has probably been fitted so low down. I'll check this weekend and report back.

Reply to Conservatory Light FCU Switch Change of Location in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net