Discuss Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Meanwhile over in America...

Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) 43009 - EletriciansForums.net

So how are people enjoying lockdown 2.0

seems an utter pointless exercise to me , come end of November new infections will still be 10-20,000 daily

I've been out and about working and it is a farce. Whilst clothing shops and pubs are closed many other places are operating as normal. I have seen gaming arcades, vaping shops, garden centres etc.... all open, madness.

pointless excercise if you ask me. what's the point of closing "non-essential" shops and pubs when the virus is just as easily spread in "essential" shops like supermarkets and convenience shops?

heard the adverts for volunteers to give immune blood plasma to combat corona. went along to see what the crack was. I hate needles so i just donated a bottle of beer. same thing but without the red cells.

You wouldn’t know there was any form of lockdown down here.....I was still at in a traffic jam yesterday afternoon same as have always been on a Friday afternoon after work.....the first lockdown was brilliant for me.....driving around like the captain in “I am legend” ?

I think the idea is to try and minimise peoples contact with others, but not a complete lockdown like the first.

Closing everything, might reduce the cases, but will cause some to go stir crazy, not to mention how much it will cost.

Food outlets, in various guises are important, but I'm afraid pubs ain't.

Have to say though, there are not the same precautions taken by the supermarkets, as was in the first lockdown.

i thought it was november.

Of course, we could go on a march, instead of going to the supermarket. Thats quite sensible. :-(

Never seen as many people suddenly keen on marching and protesting!

Piers Corbyn, BLM, etc. etc. FFS.

I think the idea is to try and minimise peoples contact with others, but not a complete lockdown like the first.

Closing everything, might reduce the cases, but will cause some to go stir crazy, not to mention how much it will cost.

Food outlets, in various guises are important, but I'm afraid pubs ain't.

Have to say though, there are not the same precautions taken by the supermarkets, as was in the first lockdown.
Apparently B&M is essential down here...quite how anyone couldn’t live without tat is beyond me ?

B&M sell Roberts bread, that is essential. nothing else comes close for butties and toast.

.quite how anyone couldn’t live without tat is beyond me

Up market poundland ..
A bit like the sheds 20 pound bog seat --still missing fitting kit
(compatible with what I already had /cracked and of emotional value)
....If I let my daughter in there she easily comes out with 30 pounds EXTRA spent on shiny tat ---
---------
Attended and nagged --it's a bargain shop -compared to ASDA /J Sainsb
50 becomes 25 Their breakfast cereals have shot past 3 pounds recently.
(did it take a while to get the Sugar tax email)

Reply to Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock