Discuss Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sorry, off -topic of keeping it light...

How about this instead?
Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) 2 days - EletriciansForums.net

There’s another egg farm near here tried the honesty box thing and got the same treatment.

they tried with a sign first, reading...

“Due to social distancing, my mother in law can no longer patrol the grounds like she used to.
Be assured she remains vigilant,... she can see you now from her treetop vantage point. Shotgun in hand”

They’ve now got a massive, chilled vending machine that gives out eggs, milk, cream, cuts of meat ....

Haha! Very funny Tel...although perhaps not entirely PC...

That takes me back a long time...
My girlfriend was very pretty (she still is...pretty, I mean, not my girlfriend, she married an accountant so maybe I had a lucky escape...)
Anyway, she broke up with me and at first i was devastated, but as always, you get over it...I asked her why she had dumped me but she refused to say...
a couple of years later i met her at a party, asked her how she was, exchanged the usual pleasantries, and then i asked her how her mum was doing...
She replied, you are asking me? Aren't you still sha**ing her?
Give me my due...I did blush...

Last edited:
That reminds me of a very sad tale from hereabouts. A lady with lots of eggs to spare puts them in boxes outside her gate, and there's an "honesty" box to leave payment. She gives the proceeds to charity. She appealed for folks to drop off empty egg boxes so she could fill them.
Last week, somebody decided to steal the honesty box...and also smashed all the eggs awaiting collection.
Same happened to us the other weekend. Junkie neighbour out early in the morning. Had clearly been up all night. Smashed all the eggs over the road. Even came back later that afternoon to retrieve the stick he’d used. I guess the NED thought the cops could get his finger prints off the stick. What made it funnier is that he used his sign written van when getting his stick. all on cctv ?

What's with this Covid over "egg-citement" ,
went to throw some garden waste in a Appropriate bin .. 20 or so smashed eggs it the bottom.

Is it hoarders .. or Freebie Food parcels going to waste
... Regional Egg thieves .. unable to shift their Booty ...

probably some numpty that thinks they are bad if on or past the best before date. we just bought 50 eggs from Waitrose with only 3 days left on BBD. 10p per box of 10, free range as well. nowt wrong with 'em.

Reply to Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock