Discuss Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Tonight’s light at the end of the gloomy tunnel....

View attachment 58392

Had to take two photos for this beaut...

Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) IMG_1641.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) IMG_1642.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Cracking rainbow that!

I took a long-ish walk today to a local beauty spot on the West Highland Way, with sandwiches and refreshment to enjoy in the sun by Craigallian Loch. Here is a pic of the loch, with Dumgoyne (a volcanic plug) in the background...
Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) capsiz - EletriciansForums.net

[automerge]1590517083[/automerge]
I am a bit pi**ed off at Screwfix not allowing you to use gift vouchers online. you need to check that what you want is in-store, then trot along sharpish with your voucher. My daughter gives me vouchers and I use them to buy gizmos I don't really need, but quite fancy anyway. Today, I was browsing for a KewTech Duo non-contact tester, and reading the reviews i decided i would buy one to compare with my Di-Log and my Fluke, both of which have been fine.
anyway, here is one of the reviews:

"I dropped it from a great height. The pieces separated and the battery fell out as you would expect but it didn't break. I put it back together and it worked perfectly.
It does work don't get me wrong but I am not happy putting complete faith in these things so I still use a tester screwdriver too. "

Discuss.
[automerge]1590517961[/automerge]
My golf course opens tomorrow! I have walked the course every other day or so, but to be able to play again is actually quite exciting!
Rules:
No more than 2 players to play together-ok
Keep 2 metres apart at all times-ok
Only handle your own golfball-ok
Don't touch the flagstick-ok
No rakes will be provided in the bunkers_ok
Do not retrieve balls from the rough-WTF! All mine end up in there! or in the water hazards...

Last edited:
Only a pirate would be drinking a beer memes “capsize”
Were they all out of “Jolly Roger“ and “walk the plank“ ?

They don't sell Jolly Roger" but they do sell Fathom and Spinnaker, 2 dozen of which were delivered today...he promised the rest by saturday so I'll have to spin them out...

Just to make things really confusing....

Boris has announced the lifting of restrictions are being done in phases... phase 5 being what we were in, phase 4 are the recent changes and working toward phase 1.... which is least restrictions.

Nicola, on the other hand is starting at phase 1, and slowly lifting restrictions to phase 5!

Boris says you can meet another household up to 6 people, Nicola says 8.... (thank goodness, there was 7 of us in my parents garden. If we lived in England, I would have had to leave a child at home)

On a more serious note, I lost an utility room extension job to someone that could quote from a scrappy looking plan, without visiting site.
Glad I missed it, the customer is a nightmare. And if she wants anything else, (such as mr low quote not turning up) then it’s an hourly job situation.

anyone else not got their invite for Elex, manchester? it's usually in June. :p :p

Just saw on the local news the newly reopened MacDonalds at Gateshead, Newcastle had a 3 HOUR queue for the drive thru.

Yeh, I could do with a big mac, but come on!

??????

Reply to Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock