• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Correct grounding of metal junction box w/splices for 3 circuits in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have 3 circuits (microwave, disposal, and dishwasher) entering a metal box where the THHN wire will be spliced to Romex.

I spent half an hour reading 2020 NEC Article 250 but didn't see multiple circuits specifically addressed.

To ground the box do I just need to pigtail off of one circuit's ground wire and attach to the box, or do I pigtail all 3 circuits' ground wires together?

In case you're wondering, the conduit is metal, which I believe is sufficient for grounding, but I don't trust all of the mechanical joints nor the fittings' set screws.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

Megawatt

-
Arms

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Correct grounding of metal junction box w/splices for 3 circuits in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom