Discuss Crimped copper pipe filled with grease from a stepdown transformer in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rob Brooks

Hi. I'm 16 and studying electrical installations L2 at college. The stepdown transformers near my house recently got changed for new ones and I found a short piece of thick walled copper pipe underneath where the transformer is. The copper pipe has a relatively thick wall, filled with grease, has two plastic end caps, a crimped section in the middle and some markings. The markings say:

CF032
32°HD Cu
DIE 9997/IND 163

Can anyone tell me what it is and what is it used for? Ill attach some pictures.

Thanks,

Rob

IMG_20161102_150708785.jpg

IMG_20161102_150704493.jpg

IMG_20161025_154201259.jpg

IMG_20161102_150704493.jpg

It's a crimp as suggested above, used with a hydraulic crimper, the markings are to make sure you use the correct die. Takes me back a few years as I used to use similar when I was a leccy board cable jointing apprentice about 30 years ago, did a few months familiarity on overhead lines and realized that I didn't like heights!!:)

rolyberkin, how old are you man? I had you down as a youngster! I guess I was trying not to get out off by the margarine trombonist!

A young 47! Am a returning to the fold spark after being involved in other things for a few years, the Lurpak trombone man is a reference to me playing trombone in a ska band!:)

Reply to Crimped copper pipe filled with grease from a stepdown transformer in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock