Discuss Crossed Polarity smart meter into mains in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

:)
Partner has just had a telephone call from supplier..
A full investigation is going to take place into the contracting company and 60 of his jobs before and after our house, the HSE has been informed, ofcom(?) & trading standards so I guess it looked to be serious
Rock on, keep the Forum posted pleas emate, could become interesting, worth following up on, so keep the info coming if you don't mind.

Rock on, keep the Forum posted pleas emate, could become interesting, worth following up on, so keep the info coming if you don't mind.
Thank you, yes I will. Will be interested to see where this goes. Even though we took our little ones to parents their already offering compensation in form of payment as it could’ve been a hotel... but wasn’t. Interesting

Thank you, yes I will. Will be interested to see where this goes. Even though we took our little ones to parents their already offering compensation in form of payment as it could’ve been a hotel... but wasn’t. Interesting
Cheers hope all is well with you and your's

The smartmeter has been installed for a year
Our electrician done work before this and only come back yesterday as we needed the shower putting in- that’s when he noticed the smartmeter had been installed into the mains incorrectly
So hes been before and done work but only just noticed? i guess when it came to the box on the minor cert or eic asking about confirming polarity he must have just ticked that box?
That is assuming he came after the meter was installed?
lets be honest though a lot of us have done small jobs without thinking before now when only changing a cracked accessory or quick like for like pendant etc..

But once again we have a case of poorly installed smart meter! the rate they are training the meter fitters up I am surprised more of these arent coming to light. but i suspect the home owners are unaware until an electrician comes around. I recall that recent episode of watchdog exposing the shoddy practices.

So hes been before and done work but only just noticed? i guess when it came to the box on the minor cert or eic asking about confirming polarity he must have just ticked that box?
That is assuming he came after the meter was installed?
lets be honest though a lot of us have done small jobs without thinking before now when only changing a cracked accessory or quick like for like pendant etc..

But once again we have a case of poorly installed smart meter! the rate they are training the meter fitters up I am surprised more of these arent coming to light. but i suspect the home owners are unaware until an electrician comes around. I recall that recent episode of watchdog exposing the shoddy practices.
Our electrician has been before the meter was fitted and also after, as he fitted everything before he knew something was wrong and eventually got to the smart meter.
The contractor company (another guy not the same one) came out and had his supervisor on the phone the whole time and had to take photos for the first guys disciplinary today. His supervisor told him he had to turn the electric off for the night and to remove the tails (forgiven me if the wrong terms) and we got a notice to say why.
I don’t want to see anyone out of a job, however if he has indeed put my family at risk for a year, heads will roll

this is what happens when you let loose meter monkeys with 1 day's training , whereas ( won't mention any names) a highly respected,qualified , and experienced forum member was turned down for the job . word is he's over 60 , so unsuitable for employment.

Reply to Crossed Polarity smart meter into mains in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net