Discuss Customer backed out - contract not signed in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
Gutted. Arranging to have a scaffold erected on a customers house and he informed me that he had changed his mind - with one day to go!

We hadn't signed contracts - unfortunately time constraints mean that I can't visit every site to sign contracts at the moment (stupid, I know).

Anyway, materials bought and nowhere to install them. Very, very annoyed.

Roll on March 3rd.

Edit: Just read my emails and we've had another.

Lesson learnt. All jobs work on contracts now.

We need a program exposing 'cowboy' customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they paid a deposit and did they confirm the sale by email?

Just a thought but an emailed confirmation and exchange of money - especially if it's now passed the 7 day cooling off period could consitute a legal contract and at least you would be able to keep the deposit.

I use electronic contracts which are emailed to the customer, very quick and easy. Be very aware that if you are installing within 7 days that the customer had signed to say that they waive their 7 day cooling off period.

Electronic contracts are done via echo sign.

THis month all my customers signed the 7 day waver as we started them within or just pass 7 days ! probably not best practice ! Feel for you SolarCity....its the customers loss !!

All we had was email confirmation that they wanted to proceed. We've had them priced weeks ago so it's a bitter blow that they've pulled out.

It isn't just the wasted money spent on materials - it's that I could have fitted other people in instead.

The 7 day cooling off period, in my opinion, is a joke. The only reason it is there is because companies can't behave themselves. All it has done for me is cost me money.

The 7 day cooling off period certainly isn't compatible with these utterly ludicrous deadlines that we have to work to.

Total shambles - I feel for you :-(

We're struggling with the weather. Tired installers aren't safe installers, no sign of the wind dropping yet!

We had a day off due to some very angry bees in february :eek: feel bad though because we've had the pest controller out to them this afternoon.

We no longer do emergency work because of the cooling off period and customers in the know knocking tradesman for their hard-earned. We haven't been caught but far too many have. We ain't all bad and they ain't all good.

oh dear, thats annoying, its not happened to me on the PV side, but have had it in the past.

The wind! glad to be off a 4 story roof today, not much fun and had harness on (must ave been bad)

happened to me on my first job!! Almost finished the company before it began. Fortunately for me my parents bought the panels with a view to putting them on their own property, otherwise that would have been endex.
I email all my contracts to customers now and ask them to print one off, sign it and return it to me, then I order. All have been happy to do this because of the tight time scales involved.

Ironicly, customer not backed out, but just been told that a quote i did have gone with another installer because they can get "3.5kwp" on the roof - not sure how, i can only get 3kwp on using Sanyo!

Maybe they want the rain water overshooting the gutter :blush2:

join the long list of people on here who have suffered lost work through other companies offering ridiculously large installations!!

Dansk where as your pan HIT logo come from as I contacted sanyo and no logos are out yet ?

I am a sanyo premium and auto go ont panisonic but no logos as yet , sanyo did send me some goodies

notes pads with logo -Hi vis vest - bubbles for kids - sweets all with sanyo logo pitty its changing ?

Dansk where as your pan HIT logo come from as I contacted sanyo and no logos are out yet ?

I am a sanyo premium and auto go ont panisonic but no logos as yet , sanyo did send me some goodies

notes pads with logo -Hi vis vest - bubbles for kids - sweets all with sanyo logo pitty its changing ?

Sent u email.

Reply to Customer backed out - contract not signed in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock