Discuss Design software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i leave it to the cable manufacturers to design cable. i just fit it.

I don't? What do you mean? CCC and Volt drop?
If so what's wrong with BS7671 Appendix 4?

Absolutely nothing, but I want a nice piece of software that will give me a nice print out to back up what I suggest to clients. That is why I asked for recommendations for software and not what page appendix 4 is on.

Absolutely nothing, but I want a nice piece of software that will give me a nice print out to back up what I suggest to clients. That is why I asked for recommendations for software and not what page appendix 4 is on.
Microsoft Word can give you a nice printout.
Does client want a print out of calculations as well lol!

Microsoft Word can give you a nice printout.
Does client want a print out of calculations as well lol!

I do hear you. I was asked by a new client on Friday. The first time I have been asked to back up what I am saying. Now his other contractors are handing over Amtech calcs. So hence I am on here asking for recommendations on. But yes. They are asking for how we get to our decision on cable size etc...

The software you require depends on the sort of contractor you are, amtech is very good software and user friendly IMO, but if you are a one man band trying to cut corners then it may not be for you.

Reply to Design software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello there, Can anyone please recommend software for planning an electrical installation? We're in the process of building a workshop and I'd...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend any decent software for quickly producing quotations? I'm currently using Google sheets and getting wholesalers quotes then...
Replies
Views
Sorry if this has already been posted before, but it's not something I can find a definite answer to. Does anyone know if passing the 2396 Design...
Replies
Views
Its time I bit the bullet and got some proper certification software, I've used my own forms for ages now which I spend pre-filling everything in...
Replies
Views
Hello thanks in advice, I would like to find PV design & construction projects in Internet in order to read, learn, .... Can anyone recommend me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock