Discuss dimmiable led lamps in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Everyone raves about halers but I tried them and they are very flimsy where the driver is attached to light and they are in the ceiling you can't get them out without destroying it!! but nice looking light and fitting!!

Retro fit -I've only used Phillips lamps, which worked fine on a standard dimmer

New/ complete unit - JCC Led 7. Also don't get the buzz about Halers, you need a box to fit them (jcc comes with built in push ins), they're flimsy and the finish is pants in my opinion. The Jcc's have a excellent finish and come with a 10 year warranty as opposed to the 7 year haler.....JCC are usually cheaper too :cool4:

don't get the buzz about Halers, you need a box to fit them (jcc comes with built in push ins), they're flimsy and the finish is pants in my opinion. The Jcc's have a excellent finish and come with a 10 year warranty as opposed to the 7 year haler.....JCC are usually cheaper too :cool4:

I see your point regarding the flimsy - the starters do snap off!
For me its only the past month that my two wholesalers could get a better price on the JCC's.
I like to use the line products on first fix - then it's only a 30 second fix on second fix.
I also like the flexability or retro and first fix in that the cut out can be 60 to 70mm where as JCC are 71 - 73mm.
The main seller for me is the height restriction. Many times I have had to install in voids (flat roof) that are only 4 in + plasterboard.. The JCC are 105mm (I think - over 100 anyway) and the Halers are around 85mm.

Kind regards, David

Reply to dimmiable led lamps in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock