Discuss Dimplex duo heat 300n storage heater Spare Parts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,
Been remodelling my sitting room and have moved my dimplex duo heat 300n storage heater.
This has not been switched on since the end of last winter.
So last night,when switched on for the first, it did not come on.
Tested power from E7 and it is fine.
The comfort heat panel works off a 24/7 supply and is working fine.
Stripped the heater today and checked elements and stats which are fine.
I fitted a charge control board to this a few years ago, so I guess this has failed again.
Only problem is I can't find any on the internet. They are all out of stock including dimplex,s web site.
Does anyone know where I can pick one up or anyone who repairs the PCB.
Any help would be appreciated as i am freezing as I type this.

Dimplex have been having trouble with PCB suppliers recently, we had to wait months for a load of commercial fan heaters as they had no PCBs to complete manufacturing them. We also recently had problems finding the same PCB you require and had to ask around several suppliers. The PCBs used in these heaters are not known for their reliability so demand is likely to be high this time of year!

Dimplex have been having trouble with PCB suppliers recently, we had to wait months for a load of commercial fan heaters as they had no PCBs to complete manufacturing them. We also recently had problems finding the same PCB you require and had to ask around several suppliers. The PCBs used in these heaters are not known for their reliability so demand is likely to be high this time of year!
Thanks for that mate,do you know of anyone who repairs the boards?

Haven’t all these spare parts been removed from sale due to Lot20? I can’t buy parts in my area (thanks god ?)

Wonder what actually goes wrong on the PCB and whether they are standard devices.

I would expect the duo range to be Lot 20 compliant. Wasn't that the whole point of them when they first came out?

I can't reply to your private message Andy, as the conversation has been locked! I'm having problems at the moment posting threads and replies to threads. I would only be charging the cost of components and return shipping.

I can't reply to your private message Andy, as the conversation has been locked! I'm having problems at the moment posting threads and replies to threads. I would only be charging the cost of components and return shipping.

A very decent offer.

Thanks mate,
Got up this morning and the heater was working.
Had all the wiring disconnected when a looking for a fault,so it maybe was a bad connection.
Here's hoping.
Thanks to all that replied

Hi, are you still repairing these modules? I have two failed ones and would rather get repaired than throw them out.....
Many thanks
JC

Hello, I am also looking for PCB modules for dimplex duo heat 300n storage heater. Would anybody know if the new ones are available somewhere or are you = freddo still repairing them?

Hello, I am also looking for PCB modules for dimplex duo heat 300n storage heater. Would anybody know if the new ones are available somewhere or are you = freddo still repairing them?
Hello, I don't know of any spares available, but yes I'm still repairing them, and now have a stock of the components that often fail on these modules.

Reply to Dimplex duo heat 300n storage heater Spare Parts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock