Discuss Direct online forwarding and reverse. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

the theory behind it is L1 L2 L3 gives a clockwise phase rotation and it is a repeating pattern,

L1 L2 L3 L1 L2 L3 L1 L2 L3 and so on

so if you pick any 3 that are next to each other it will give clockwise rotation.
i.e L2 L3 L1 is still clockwise and so is L3 L1 L2
convention and simplicity means that we wire 1 2 3 but the other options will work the same.
I try tonight, make the example on empty page .
Just need to to be be careful motor is 400v.???
That asking for advice all day .
Thank you ...

The Forward Contactor will be the one with the Forward Start pushbutton wired to the N/O of that contact.
or if nothing is labelled up then:
As the Forward & Reverse circuits are functionally the same then just pick one for Forward and the other for Reverse. The actual Forward & Reverse wiring for the motor is not part of this circuit.
Can you asking for writing wires drawing please , should be easy .
Thank you .

Can you asking for writing wires drawing please , should be easy .
Thank you .

Sorry mate, I don't understand the question.
You already have the schematic, so I presume you don't want that again.

step by step is best. break each section down, understand the workings, then combine all together.

Ok , Easy wiring diagram but , I doing step by step .

Have a look at @telectrix post above, with the wiring diagram on it. That shows the wiring for the motor as well.
Also follow his advice about breaking the schematic into sections.
If you have any questions mate then just ask.

The Forward Contactor will be the one with the Forward Start pushbutton wired to the N/O of that contact.
As the Forward & Reverse circuits are functionally the same then just pick one for Forward and the other for Reverse. The actual Forward & Reverse wiring for the motor is not part of this circuit.
Can you asking for writing wires dia
[/QUOTE
Finally done last night.
Ok, so just so that I'm clear on this: You are just following the drawing and picture, to see how it works and not actually wiring anything up?
Finally done last night. Thank you for Help .59396A93-AD72-46DB-889D-EC4EE0E57348.jpeg

Glad you got it working mate.

If you want, now that it is working I'd tidy it up, label cables and use correct colour cables.
Just for general information, below is a screen shot of cable colour identification, from BS EN 60204-1-2018 (page 83)

1570695153393.png

I know , but I don’t like make new post .
I little be confused theory now , I not have proper book,Any idea where did I find examples test .
I’m ready too pay small amount ££££.
Pdf file .
Thank you .

Hi mate.
It's best if you do new questions in a new post mate.
Also, if you are going to get into electrical design then you need to get the BS7161 book.

Also, with questions like the above, we don't like giving out answers without you first attempting to do the question and showing us your workings-out. Then we can correct anything. It's the best way of learning.

It always looks intimidating @Zaprinski when it written like that but all the things you need are in bs 7671 just take your time and break the question down.....if you know your design current and installation method and relevant correction factors you can choose your cable and then you can calculate for volt drop, the more you do it the easier it gets...good luck

Hi mate.
It's best if you do new questions in a new post mate.
Also, if you are going to get into electrical design then you need to get the BS7161 book.

Also, with questions like the above, we don't like giving out answers without you first attempting to do the question and showing us your workings-out. Then we can correct anything. It's the best way of learning.
Ok I got book I try to work out and show you my home work .
Thank you for help .

Yes, I'd observed that. There should really be a N/C contact from each direction's contactor inhibiting the other direction's coil circuit. Wouldn't stop the operator hitting stop then reverse immediately - but it would stop them just hitting reverse.
Mind you, the mechanical interlock would deal with that - but IMO it would be poor design to be relying on that rather than designing the control circuit correctly.

Yes, I'd observed that. There should really be a N/C contact from each direction's contactor inhibiting the other direction's coil circuit. Wouldn't stop the operator hitting stop then reverse immediately - but it would stop them just hitting reverse.
Mind you, the mechanical interlock would deal with that - but IMO it would be poor design to be relying on that rather than designing the control circuit correctly.
Thank you .

Yes, I'd observed that. There should really be a N/C contact from each direction's contactor inhibiting the other direction's coil circuit.

There is. There is a N/C contact from the Reverse contactor in the Forward circuit and vice veras.

Reply to Direct online forwarding and reverse. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net